• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just landed a biggie!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got my first smp client up and running and I seem to have pulled one of these monsters as well :D
I'll put up my frame times after it finishes a couple.

*Edit: 411mb ram usage btwn OS and fah.

*Edit: e6400 @ stock, 1gb ddr400. ~21min/frame

Dually xeons go smp 12-21-06 :p

Last edited:
pscout said:
How does the 805 compare ppd vs running 2 windows clients?

I'm really sorry pscout, I can't remember what the 805 did in winders running two (2) windows clients. :shrug: I remember it was running a higher cpu temp as usual. (like higher temps are unusual for this "mini space heater") I really haven't done any folding lately that hasn't used the SMP client and Ubuntu 64. As you can see by some of my frustration posts I've been going between Dapper Drake and EdgyEft. (no particular reason, just hard headed I guess) I kind of "bone yarded" my 3000+. I put the X2 4200 cpu in the MSI mobo and the 3000 cpu in the whatever mobo (I've got the manual, but it just says Computer Mainboard on it) I had to activate WinXP again on the 3000, but not on the 4200 (go figure) :confused:

Edit: I guess my chip deal was kind of like playing "musical cpu's"' :D

Last edited:
pscout said:
i have a couple of these going again ... on my best 6600 @3.5 it is 10 min per frame, and on the next best @3.2 it running 11 min per frame.
I think Shell quoted a 6 Min time but i am wondering if he may have confused it with a 30xx wu? He would need to be folding around 4Ghz or more to get that kind of frame time, assuming frame times are consistant across 2605's. I do recall Shell had a very nice OC on his 6300.

Now you have me wondering too. I must have qouted myself wrong. As your right 6 minutes a frame is just a little too good...I know from the logs I posted in the SMP thread I had 11 minutes a frame, but I had another 2605 the other day and I swear I had better than 11 minutes a frame. Right now I'm getting just over 4 minutes a frame on a 3023.

Back