• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well my first attempt at LN2 went so so. I don't think I broke anything this time but I spent way too much time trying to run R15 above 6.0G. Then BIOS crashed came up with a warning at post that EC flash is corrupt contact ASUS tech. Any way recovered from that with the handy direct flash but It was literally down hill from there. Now that I have it apart I think I might have gotten some frost/moisture in the ram slots. :shrug: So I spent a whole lot of time mucking about and spinning my wheels more than actually benching. I do have a couple of pics to post though.

http://valid.canardpc.com/sevkx0

7042.JPG

cold1.JPG

r11 10.74.JPG

r15 942.JPG

OOOH baby now that cookin! Nice work bud sorry you had so many issues! Weird you ran Cine 11.5 at 6.2 but couldn't get R15 to run at 6.0? Wonder if maybe the BIOS was already bonking!

manny, that first release sabertooth is one sweet board, if you push an am3 cpu it's the cats meow.
I am so sorry that i had to ship all my amd off and out of the house but they just kicked us to the curb.

Not gonna lie blaylock, I was expecting to hear a loud BANG and a nice turkey dinner :)

Was thinking the same SP

manny, that first release sabertooth is one sweet board, if you push an am3 cpu it's the cats meow.
I am so sorry that i had to ship all my amd off and out of the house but they just kicked us to the curb.
I'm glad I could give it a good home C/D : thup:

Just checking to see if I have lost mind or It is what we have said all along...
...Need another rig. Trying to shortcut setting up another full on water cooled FX8350. Hehehe. Will see what we see.
looking forward to this gonester

Looks good eagle, What do you have the CPU-NB LLC set to ? I see it's hitting over 1.3v. If you can pass a couple hours I would see if you can lower that a bit more yet.

tks johan45..... I been attempting to learn memory timings as of now...! I have no clue what dram drive strength refers to.. id have to guess more is more. all those settings on auto.. and besides for that ive never fully learned how to configure all timings. xmp profile lists some timing combination a lot lower @ 2133 mhz.. currently attempting 9 10 9 @ 2200mhz... cannot accomplish more than 7 minutes of prime without a thread erroring out... attempting so many wrong combinations if there is a correct one im sure to learn something...

kinda pushing my limits, wtv that compares to, instead of waiting 2 hours changing a single timing.....

Untitled.png

waterblock may need cleaning!

Ram takes time to get just right if you're really trying to tighten it down. I wouldn't worry too much about drive strength right now. Also XMP profiles are based on Intel CPUs and won't always work with AMD. Try setting the tRAS to 28 and the tRC to 40. Maybe loosening it up a bit will help

if I can get anywhere Ill take bios pictures.
trying 9 10 10 28 37 right now...
also those amd recommendations I had written down last spring, write to read, mine was 8 as well....
attempted moving up to a 9 on the write to read some combinations of that.

not sure about performance wise, but seem to be getting alittle more prime95 time.....
too early to tell much.....

your info on here sure seems to have pointed me in the correct direction!

of course I couldn't forget rgone for helping me with the cooling system....
tks rgone!

It's good to be home. But don't ask my Sempron how she's doin, I'm beating the snot out of her tonight and improving on my Marathon scores. :)

Last edited:
Back