• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have a look here. http://www.overclock.net/t/1534128/vishera-vs-devils-canyon-a-casual-comparison-by-an-average-user
This guy did a comparison between 4790 and an 8350, it's interesting

Good find Johan!

Not what I was expecting TBH. I thought the AMD chip would fall far behind more than it did in some tests.
Impressed actually, I don't think those differences will be noticeable for the stuff I play.. Minceraft only is what I play really.

But, that's where my knowledge of AMD land runs dry.
I know I need a beefy board, (saberkitty??) but what chip? Fx 6300 or something newer.
I think the older chips clock better than new ones?

Hehe, getting excited thinking of a new build :D

@Silver - Why even compare? You can get a FX 8 core pretty cheaply and it'll be more fun than your current 3570K with it's only 4 cores.

Any FX-83xx series at 5ghz will score right between a 3770K and 4770K in Cinebench. That's pretty decent IMO. Especially when a low watter like the 8300 is only 129$ CA That's cheap brother. Will run in ANY board AM3+ you choose because of that nice low TDP. 3.3ghz 1.1v stock. Clocks fine. Mines over 7ghz.....

@Silver - Why even compare? You can get a FX 8 core pretty cheaply and it'll be more fun than your current 3570K with it's only 4 cores.

Any FX-83xx series at 5ghz will score right between a 3770K and 4770K in Cinebench. That's pretty decent IMO. Especially when a low watter like the 8300 is only 129$ CA That's cheap brother. Will run in ANY board AM3+ you choose because of that nice low TDP. 3.3ghz 1.1v stock. Clocks fine. Mines over 7ghz.....

Of course it'll be more fun :D
That's part of the reason why I'm looking into an AMD rig.

Why compare? I don't know, just seem like what one would do when he knows nothing about the new AMD chips :p
Of course, benchmarks are synthetic, and I already know Intel is almost always the winner, which is a bad way to judge an otherwise hard working AMD chip.

So an NH-D14 ought to keep such a chip cool when I OC it right?
I hope so...

Of course it'll be more fun :D
That's part of the reason why I'm looking into an AMD rig.

Why compare? I don't know, just seem like what one would do when he knows nothing about the new AMD chips :p
Of course, benchmarks are synthetic, and I already know Intel is almost always the winner, which is a bad way to judge an otherwise hard working AMD chip.

So an NH-D14 ought to keep such a chip cool when I OC it right?
I hope so...

I thought you'd like that post. cssorkinman is a bencher with some decent skills and like so many was tired of the way people were hammering on the AMD guys.
That noctua should take you to 4.6 maybe a bit more depending on the chip and your airflow.

I thought you'd like that post. cssorkinman is a bencher with some decent skills and like so many was tired of the way people were hammering on the AMD guys.
That noctua should take you to 4.6 maybe a bit more depending on the chip and your airflow.

Awesome :)

Airflow is great, this new AMD system will be going inside that custom wood frame case I have, which is open on the front, top and back. So yeah, mega cool air access.

I can of course, mod the case to accept a fan to cool the back of the mobo to keep the VRM and socket cool :)

I'm an Intel guy yeah, but I have to say, I'm stoked about this future build :attn:

Good find Johan!

Not what I was expecting TBH. I thought the AMD chip would fall far behind more than it did in some tests.
Impressed actually, I don't think those differences will be noticeable for the stuff I play.. Minceraft only is what I play really. Not Mincecraft but Minecraft? Right? Okay Minecraft is supposed to be pretty cpu intensive. When you go into forums and ask about gaming and Minecraft...the answer is almost always > go Intel, so you have to do a lot of looking.

But, that's where my knowledge of AMD land runs dry.
I know I need a beefy board, (saberkitty??) but what chip? Fx 6300 or something newer.
Well you will not be in the wrong with the SaberKitty and that is for real. Now here is where it gets a little biased or opinionated I fear. Normally speaking cpu MHz is king in gaming. That proposed, an FX-6350 clocked to +4.7Ghz will likely game better than an FX-8 core that only reaches maybe 4.5GHz on air. The six core FX is generally easier to overclock due the lesser cores. "Usually". You might be able to get by with something like the Asus 990FX PRO which is cheaper than SaberKitty with FX-6350. Put the savings into some real cooling.

I think the older chips clock better than new ones? Older FX 8 cores seemed far more capable of Banzai benching runs near 5.5GHz than the later FX 8 cores which tend to clock more readily to +4.8GHz with slightly lesser voltages to cpu than the older FX 8 cores. But the newer FX 8 cores seem far less likely to get to that 5.5GHz benching area on very good water which the older FX 8 cores seemed able to do. You might get a "newer" FX-83xx and see 4.9GHz with good water cooling and be P95 Blend stable on 1.4Vcore where older FX-8350s would need closer to 1.45Vcore or a little more and be running warmer. But if some banzai runs are in your future...well a good older FX-8350 on Saberkitty with d*mn good water cooling is the ticket. You have to do some deciding. Or cpu dice rolling.

Hehe, getting excited thinking of a new build :D And you should. I have not had so much fun tweaking a setup since the Socket 939 days or the Intel socket 775 days. I am sorely put off by the raise multiplier and raise Vcore and just about done with the tweaking, beginning with Sandy Bridge. And a pure dice roll to find a particular Intel cpu that clocks super.

There are so many routes to take when speccing a system. When you become the system intergrator...it can be rough decision making time. I can only say this honestly as to how I still think > CPU MHz is gaming king as long as there are 'enough' cores. Go the best route to get the cpu MHz. Tons of it on AMD FX if you can. FX 8 core cpus run hot. And when you buy a lesser FX with lower TDP rating, by the time it is overclocked to faster speed within the same core series, the cpu is then pulling just as much power and putting off just as much heat as the FX 8 core of a faster version. The lesser TDP rating is only in play as long as you don't overclock. You will not be having fun without the overclock. Perhaps only the convoluted thinking of the ole faht. But I shared. Maybe it will help you get ready for your roll of the dice. Hehehe. I guess my most serious suggestion is to get the very best cooling you possibly can and then you are setup to really play some and game when you wantuh.

RGone...

There are so many routes to take when speccing a system. When you become the system intergrator...it can be rough decision making time. I can only say this honestly as to how I still think > CPU MHz is gaming king as long as there are 'enough' cores. Go the best route to get the cpu MHz. Tons of it on AMD FX if you can. FX 8 core cpus run hot. And when you buy a lesser FX with lower TDP rating, by the time it is overclocked to faster speed within the same core series, the cpu is then pulling just as much power and putting off just as much heat as the FX 8 core of a faster version. The lesser TDP rating is only in play as long as you don't overclock. You will not be having fun without the overclock. Perhaps only the convoluted thinking of the ole faht. But I shared. Maybe it will help you get ready for your roll of the dice. Hehehe. I guess my most serious suggestion is to get the very best cooling you possibly can and then you are setup to really play some and game when you wantuh.

RGone...

Thanks Rgone :)

Yeah, Minceraft is just a play on the name. :p It's actually a hidden easter egg if you will.
Minecraft is my only real concern or this new build.
I want to try out a sweet AMD build and I would love for this new AMD build to replace my 3570K but I'm a bit unsure because Minecraft is such a CPU dependent game.. But then again, CPU usage when playing Minecraft is only a mere 25% on this 3570K.. Perhaps an FX 8350 would match this since the 3570K isn't being loaded fully while playing??

Are the old Phenom X6's still better than the FX in terms of gaming and single core performance?
I'm totally open to any sort of AMD build, not just the new FX line up. The goal is really to try and match/beat the 3570K, since I can't clock it higher than 4.4 Ghz I figured there's room for an AMD build to beat it. Of course, I also want this AMD build because of the overclocking. Looking forward to tweaking with it a lot. :)

Best cooling...
Meaning custom water? I was going to use my NH-D14 for this TBH. I can probably add/replace fans on the cooler too, still room for that.

Switching to AMD, I'm hoping for at least a "side grade" or better of course...

The unfortunate truth ...... to get the high MHZ ..... cooling is king. Yes your cooler will work and is probably one of the best choices you can make for an air cooler. Be carful though not to get hooked like me and end up wanting more because it is very easy to do. Next thing you know a custom loop is not far away ....... Keep an eye on the classifieds, you never know when some good stuff will show up.:salute:

Thanks Rgone :)

Yeah, Minceraft is just a play on the name. :p It's actually a hidden easter egg if you will.
Minecraft is my only real concern or this new build.
I want to try out a sweet AMD build and I would love for this new AMD build to replace my 3570K but I'm a bit unsure because Minecraft is such a CPU dependent game.. But then again, CPU usage when playing Minecraft is only a mere 25% on this 3570K.. Perhaps an FX 8350 would match this since the 3570K isn't being loaded fully while playing??

Are the old Phenom X6's still better than the FX in terms of gaming and single core performance?
I'm totally open to any sort of AMD build, not just the new FX line up. The goal is really to try and match/beat the 3570K, since I can't clock it higher than 4.4 Ghz I figured there's room for an AMD build to beat it. Of course, I also want this AMD build because of the overclocking. Looking forward to tweaking with it a lot. :)

Best cooling...
Meaning custom water? I was going to use my NH-D14 for this TBH. I can probably add/replace fans on the cooler too, still room for that.

Switching to AMD, I'm hoping for at least a "side grade" or better of course...

Minecraft?? lol. My kids play it on Llano A8 3850 clean and smooth with a GTX 750. runs fine. You'll have no issues with the FX chip there....

Phenom X6 vs FX-8100 Maybe neck and neck for a lot of things. Basically your 3570K (I had one and pit it up against 965BE) is identical for gaming with a Phenom II quad core and would even bench identical in 3D benches.

There for your not "side grading" anything, It would be a sheer upgrade much like if you where to buy a 3770K instead of FX. The 3770K will pull ahead for everything with some overclocking.

AMD is strictly for enthusiasts. That's what the FX line was all about at the time. After release, AMD said themselves they aren't going to go big in desktop processors for some time. There's no upgrade path past a FX-9590. And if you get a FX-9590, forget your little D14. You'll be needing at least 120.2 x2 rads and a decent waterblock.

S_P, you have certainly gotten posts that...

...posts that have told a lot of the different views and pretty straight-up info.

This is a rig with a bunch of water that is toting the mail. I think he was 'new' a few months ago.

Motherboard: Cpu: FX 8350 OC'ed: 4.8 @ 1.416V

Ole "phloon1981 has hung in there. Not long ago he blew up his thuban 6 core and moved to a "newer" FX-8350. In the second to last and last post of that page 10 you can see where his good water got him. At the place he looks like he is going to be, he should be absolutely pleased and you could do 'mincecraft egg hunting' without a problem. And he does not even have DDR3-1866 ram in the slots.

I am thinking to see if he can be coached to a 5.0GHz daily driver and at that point...I know he can edit video and I just cannot see Minecraft not being a breeze. YMMV.

And lest I forget, you will have to go with at least the SaberKitty for his sort of results. But you get to where he is and then you probably could replace the Intel rig for gaming as you have mentioned.

RGone...

Thanks RGone. (not sure, I see S_P now lol, but thanks anyways RG hehe)

I did stop buying into intel just because of cost. Yea ok, 400$ ++ for a cpu that's the fastest. (benching some games) But why?

Can have 8 threads in CA from TD for 135$ Will do 50% overclock respectively and likes low volts. Can air cool this one easily, would be fine even on a mATX board just to keep costs lower. HTPC, gaming, overclocking and multitasking pretty much made cheaply.

Could build a respectable AMD rig for short of the word cheaply. The only issue is the motherboard costs. I mean 990FX and your overclocking. with good stability. But the prices. $239 CA for Sabo

So $370 CA for the lowest FX 8 core which is cheaper than the FX-6350 and motherboard 990FX Sabertooth Rev 2.0.

Intel 4770K is 405$ CA For what? A better than 250FPS rate? (VGA dependant)

But if Silver is strictly looking for FPS, a GTX 760/ti would do the trick IMO.

Well that's why I bought this amd chip, because I knew it wouldn't be that bad once I overclocked it! And it was a lot cheaper then an i7 and the i5s would honestly feel like a downgrade to me. I crave threads! I bought the 8320e because I figured newer models usually have better overclocking. We'll see, I haven't really pushed this yet.

Minecraft?? lol. My kids play it on Llano A8 3850 clean and smooth with a GTX 750. runs fine. You'll have no issues with the FX chip there....

Phenom X6 vs FX-8100 Maybe neck and neck for a lot of things. Basically your 3570K (I had one and pit it up against 965BE) is identical for gaming with a Phenom II quad core and would even bench identical in 3D benches.

There for your not "side grading" anything, It would be a sheer upgrade much like if you where to buy a 3770K instead of FX. The 3770K will pull ahead for everything with some overclocking.

AMD is strictly for enthusiasts. That's what the FX line was all about at the time. After release, AMD said themselves they aren't going to go big in desktop processors for some time. There's no upgrade path past a FX-9590. And if you get a FX-9590, forget your little D14. You'll be needing at least 120.2 x2 rads and a decent waterblock.

lol I run Minecraft with a butt load of mods + a good high detail shaderpack. I average ~60 FPS right now. :p

I'm wondering how well the D14 would take an FX chip, but it depends on the chip. and there's many to choose from... FX 4100, 6300, 7500, 8350... :shock:
So an FX chip would be a upgrade, better than the 3570K.

See? I underestimated the AMD chips :bang head
Got lots to learn about their true power still :)
But what/is there any difference between say, and FX 6300 and a 9590? Performance wise?
I thought they were the same Piledriver architecture?

...posts that have told a lot of the different views and pretty straight-up info.

This is a rig with a bunch of water that is toting the mail. I think he was 'new' a few months ago.

Motherboard: Cpu: FX 8350 OC'ed: 4.8 @ 1.416V

Ole "phloon1981 has hung in there. Not long ago he blew up his thuban 6 core and moved to a "newer" FX-8350. In the second to last and last post of that page 10 you can see where his good water got him. At the place he looks like he is going to be, he should be absolutely pleased and you could do 'mincecraft egg hunting' without a problem. And he does not even have DDR3-1866 ram in the slots.

I am thinking to see if he can be coached to a 5.0GHz daily driver and at that point...I know he can edit video and I just cannot see Minecraft not being a breeze. YMMV.

And lest I forget, you will have to go with at least the SaberKitty for his sort of results. But you get to where he is and then you probably could replace the Intel rig for gaming as you have mentioned.

RGone...

So good cooling, water or custom is a must...
Perhaps upgrade to custom water later on? Just overclock mildly for now.

I won't lie, 5Ghz is killer for daily driver, I totally want to rock that :D

Thanks RGone. (not sure, I see S_P now lol, but thanks anyways RG hehe)

I did stop buying into intel just because of cost. Yea ok, 400$ ++ for a cpu that's the fastest. (benching some games) But why?

Can have 8 threads in CA from TD for 135$ Will do 50% overclock respectively and likes low volts. Can air cool this one easily, would be fine even on a mATX board just to keep costs lower. HTPC, gaming, overclocking and multitasking pretty much made cheaply.

Could build a respectable AMD rig for short of the word cheaply. The only issue is the motherboard costs. I mean 990FX and your overclocking. with good stability. But the prices. $239 CA for Sabo

So $370 CA for the lowest FX 8 core which is cheaper than the FX-6350 and motherboard 990FX Sabertooth Rev 2.0.

Intel 4770K is 405$ CA For what? A better than 250FPS rate? (VGA dependant)

But if Silver is strictly looking for FPS, a GTX 760/ti would do the trick IMO.

I love Intel, I really do, but I'm turned off by 3 things:

Price for the new tech.
The simplicity of overclocking. - I don't like the "set it and forget it" style, I want to tinker damm it!
and, well this is biased because of my chip, I can't OC much on this 3570K. Bad chip? maybe.. just discouraging to me tbh. I know it's all silicon lottery luck but...

GPU upgrade would be next in line for FPS yeah, 7850 isn't all that great nowadays :p

Well that's why I bought this amd chip, because I knew it wouldn't be that bad once I overclocked it! And it was a lot cheaper then an i7 and the i5s would honestly feel like a downgrade to me. I crave threads! I bought the 8320e because I figured newer models usually have better overclocking. We'll see, I haven't really pushed this yet.

I'm totally interesting in seeing how it goes.
Gotta familiarize myself with AMD more :D

Might putz around in some AMD threads, see what's what

Okay S_PH, I know how the my cpu...

...my cpu barks because it is a dog goes. But at 4,437MHz you are not that underpar. At least not looking at the average overclock for 3570K at HWBot.

INTEL CORE I5 3570K Averages based on HWBot submissions.
4632MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on air. ^This one gives me a wedgie.^

4566MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on water.

5514MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on cascade.

6117MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on LN2.

So you Low yes, but probably not the lowest since there are about 14,089 submissions for the 3570K. And with the 7.0GHz submissions and others near 5.0GHz, it takes a lot of just plain average cpus to come up with the averages they were showing for like air and water.

RGone...

Last edited:
lol I run Minecraft with a butt load of mods + a good high detail shaderpack. I average ~60 FPS right now. :p

I'm wondering how well the D14 would take an FX chip, but it depends on the chip. and there's many to choose from... FX 4100, 6300, 7500, 8350... :shock:
So an FX chip would be a upgrade, better than the 3570K.

See? I underestimated the AMD chips :bang head
Got lots to learn about their true power still :)
But what/is there any difference between say, and FX 6300 and a 9590? Performance wise?
I thought they were the same Piledriver architecture?

So good cooling, water or custom is a must...
Perhaps upgrade to custom water later on? Just overclock mildly for now.

I won't lie, 5Ghz is killer for daily driver, I totally want to rock that :D

I love Intel, I really do, but I'm turned off by 3 things:

Price for the new tech.
The simplicity of overclocking. - I don't like the "set it and forget it" style, I want to tinker damm it!
and, well this is biased because of my chip, I can't OC much on this 3570K. Bad chip? maybe.. just discouraging to me tbh. I know it's all silicon lottery luck but...

GPU upgrade would be next in line for FPS yeah, 7850 isn't all that great nowadays :p

I'm not suggesting an 8350, but just the 8300..... low watt, low power, low price great OC ability.

HUGE difference between FX-6300 and FX-9590 performance. Big clock difference, 2 more threads..... 8 cores don't stay cool.

I can tell you that cilicon lottery with AMD is much average based. Air cooled 4.6-4.8ghz daily. Liquid cooling with AIO average 4.8 - 5.0ghz and A really decent water loop should have you gaming 5ghz and above with stability testing possibly up to 5.4ghz depending on the lottery deal.....

See some of these chips just run well on low volts while overclocked. I'd say the FX-8320 would be a good cpu to eye-ball. I suggested the 8300 solely on the fact your air cooling.

Well, I'm air cooling a FX-9590 as we speak. doing some testing see? What can Shrimpz get away with..... well I cannot run this cpu stock on a full load, I cannot run this cpu at stock frequencies at only four cores at stock clocks at full load. The 1.52500v cpu v-core just kills air cooling. The 8300 will run nicely on a stock AMD HSF at full load all day. H212 will get a 8350 to OC a few hundred mhz at best the D14 may OC a few hundred mhz stable with usable temps, but would depend solely on ambient temps and great case flowage.

We/I cannot stress enough how HOT these chips "can" and will run. A good thermal interface material should be on mind as well while picking a cooling solution. Be wise with your decisions.

Last edited:
...my cpu barks because it is a dog goes. But at 4,437MHz you are not that underpar. At least not looking at the average overclock for 3570K at HWBot.

INTEL CORE I5 3570K Averages based on HWBot submissions.
4632MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on air. ^This one gives me a wedgie.^

4566MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on water.

5514MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on cascade.

6117MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 77 Watt. Average overclock on LN2.

So you Low yes, but probably not the lowest since there are about 14,089 submissions for the 3570K. And with the 7.0GHz submissions and others near 5.0GHz, it takes a lot of just plain average cpus to come up with the averages they were showing for like air and water.

RGone...

Hmm. Never really checked the bot all that much tbh...

To me, it feels like the chip is leaving a lot on the table...
Well, obviously not otherwise I'd be running it full tilt. :p

It's a bummer it's a dog yeah, still a good chip too.

Oh, just remembered:
AMD has onboard RAID right?
Much like the crappy Intel RAID? Running in RAID 0 just for the preformance boost, wanna know if AMD has RAID and if it's any good.
Still trying to figure out what the diff between a 6300 and a 8300 besides cache, and clocks lol

EDIT:
@Shrimpz

Yep, I got it drilled in my head already: keep the chip cool, under 70 (70 max) at all times. The lower the better. :)

But in reality, would I really need 8 cores? Other than folding (which this chip would do 24/7) I figure a 6 core chip would be easier to cool and should be plenty power?

You mentioned you disabled cores...
Sounds crazy, but would having 6 out of 8 cores on a 8300 help heat wise? If so, perhaps that would allow a better OC since I may not even need the full 8 cores. :shrug:

Last edited:
Hmm. Never really checked the bot all that much tbh...

To me, it feels like the chip is leaving a lot on the table...
Well, obviously not otherwise I'd be running it full tilt. :p

It's a bummer it's a dog yeah, still a good chip too.

Oh, just remembered:
AMD has onboard RAID right?
Much like the crappy Intel RAID? Running in RAID 0 just for the preformance boost, wanna know if AMD has RAID and if it's any good.
Still trying to figure out what the diff between a 6300 and a 8300 besides cache, and clocks lol

Raid 0 with AMD is a bit more of a pain. You need to manually install the correct driver during windows install. Windows pre-supports Intel Raid 0. (ahem correction possibly.... I mean with W7 and lower cause I haven't the need for W8 or W8.1)

@ S_PH, yes AMD has raid...

...raid that can really tick one off. It took me over a month to get a work-around to get Win 7 64bit installed on my CHV-z and non-z. Shett shett. Most issues for users and there seemed "plenty" of users of Win 7 64bit, was that the 64bit Win 7 had NO signed drivers for raid and until this date, I don't believe AMD ever fixed that shett. Some pretty sharp guys had issues with using Win 7 64bit AMD raid.

I just got thru doing the "fix" I hope in dis-assembling my Win 7 64bit ISO and inserting the raid drivers for 64 bit and disabling "driver signing" in the install ISO. I will be testing the "fix" for me out in a few days. Just got more drives so that I can test since I am assembling another FX-8350 system with Raid. I cannot believe everyone had problems, since I know some here in the forum that did not seem to have issues with Win 7 64 bit...but I surely did. Hehehe. Ole faht I know.

Well just because I found the 'working' search terms for this type information, I went back and did some more info gathering. They have a goodly number of submissions for these two FX cpus but even then they are not represented to 1/5th the number for that 3570K.

AMD FX-8350 Averages based on HWBot 3,453 submissions.
4701MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on air.

4989MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on water.

5886MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on cascade.

7381MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on LN2.

AMD FX-8320 Averages based on HWBot 2,373 submissions.
4652MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on air.

5091MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on water.

5804MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on cascade.

7165MHZ: Default clock: 4000MHz, 125 Watt. Average overclock on LN2.

You do know it would be cheaper to roll the dice on another socket 1155 processor. Say you went with a 4 core no HT, 4670K which has 21,639 submissions, you would have these averages. I did not look at the Haswell REfresh 4690K since not sure it fits in earlier sockets or if the mobo's have updated bios for it.

Intel 4670K Averages based on HWBot 21,639 submissions.
4503MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 84 Watt. Average overclock on air.

4530MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 84 Watt. Average overclock on water.

5448MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 84 Watt. Average overclock on cascade.

5921MHZ: Default clock: 3400MHz, 84 Watt. Average overclock on LN2.

I still believe the FX series is more fun to tweak and fool around with and not just more or less set it and forget it. Likely as S_B says it is not nearly the pitiful dice roll to get a decent FX overclocker that it is to get a good later type Intel cpu that will overclock and make one really happy.

Either way, it comes down to the eye of the beholder. Good luck no matter what you decide.

Now not to be remiss, I would need to say, that the FX 8 core speeds you see *used* by say "johan", "mandrake", myself and probably "Blaylock" and h*ll forgot "bassnut" are all Prime95 Blend mode stable for at least 2 hours. Am sure there are others but I refer to those I know and see all the time and am very familiar with. No real telling how those cpu speeds are determined at HWBot since they are submitting scores for glory. Hehehe. Some that beat your Intel 3570K might have been only stable enough for benching. You will not get such results from most of us in here OR we d*mn sure give the necessary disclaimer for our outrageous speed.

RGone...

Back