• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No need of that here - I lived it and survived to tell the tale(s).

Yes, chainsaws were involved at one point. :D

Oh man that was my life. Grew up on a farm and cut many tons of firewood.
You know you're a redneck when you cut firewood by the light of a Coleman lantern in the middle of February.

Oh but frozen trees are so much easier to split. Take my word for it.

YES the COLDER the better ....... might help explain Johan and his love of COLD .........:clap:

My old man said fire wood was the only fuel that heats you twice and he wasn't kidding.

You and me both :chair:

And yes, I have the Vcore under 1.6 now :p
The chip says thank you!

Hay big volts is okay. But I'd really love to see you get cold. Once you do THAT, man you'll be soo damn hooked. Like a piece of meat on the hook. The type of hooked that requires inpatient recovery.

On a decent ice chilled loop, anywhere from 5.5ghz to 6ghz with some fun benching, likely on all 6 cores.

Hehe...

I like to see what event viewer says. Having PSU issues over here. At 1.65v with the 850 CP while software clocking, hit apply at said voltage and bam. PSU shuts right off man lol. Oh the great fun.

Event ID 41 - Kernel Power (log) system - 10 critical errors in the last 7 days.

However Currently running 5ghz 1.5250v , Cpu temp reached 55c and Package temp 74c.

Such a beast.

Got the weekend off. If I can shake the wife and kids for a couple hours, I might have to remedy the situation. rubs hands together and eyes for tools while boasting an evil glare at that 74c BullDookie

oh, forgot to mention it earlier.
picked up a new to me mobo, cpu, and ram.
got an gigabyte ga-k8n pro sli, with an athlon 64 fx57, and 2 sticks of kingston hyper-x ram(not sure about specs, will need to boot the thing up first to find out)
wanted some hardware to abuse this winter with cold outdoor temps, without risking my main rig, so this shall be my learning experience, haha
i wonder if i still have my swiftech gtx amd mounting kit...

Hehe...

I like to see what event viewer says. Having PSU issues over here. At 1.65v with the 850 CP while software clocking, hit apply at said voltage and bam. PSU shuts right off man lol. Oh the great fun.

Event ID 41 - Kernel Power (log) system - 10 critical errors in the last 7 days.

However Currently running 5ghz 1.5250v , Cpu temp reached 55c and Package temp 74c.

Such a beast.

Got the weekend off. If I can shake the wife and kids for a couple hours, I might have to remedy the situation. rubs hands together and eyes for tools while boasting an evil glare at that 74c BullDookie

Looks like that pSU is getting weak, hope you have something different to bench on.

oh, forgot to mention it earlier.
picked up a new to me mobo, cpu, and ram.
got an gigabyte ga-k8n pro sli, with an athlon 64 fx57, and 2 sticks of kingston hyper-x ram(not sure about specs, will need to boot the thing up first to find out)
wanted some hardware to abuse this winter with cold outdoor temps, without risking my main rig, so this shall be my learning experience, haha
i wonder if i still have my swiftech gtx amd mounting kit...

That's cool man, good way to start :clap:

Meh it's about 5 years old now.... Life expectancy of a car battery... And has much more use. It's been good to me, that's all I know!

Well you know the risk, just wouldn't want to see something go with it.

This is what I do in the summer to keep kool. To the vaery left you can see a deep freezer. That's where my rad and res are.

image_id_1435864.jpeg

We've done a lot of strange thing in pursuit of lower temps. Whatever works man.

Back