• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To an extent it is, me, being the first mate and engineer I get to do all the upkeep and en-route repairs, I own it, I fix it, I clean it, Pauly drives it!!!!!

That sounds like me & the wife with our boat on Lake Hartwell. I get to do all the work, she just drives (and tells me she wants things fixed. lol).

We, the Bee and I, went up to Walkers cay, what A trip, in A new boat.
The Bee was so happy and delighted she just might one decade set foot on the boat again, those Man diesels left us adrift three times!!!!!!
Not the diesels fault mind you, water in the fuel twice and A cracked heat ex-changer, she was very happy with me but, you have to have A shake down.
Then, when we returned I swear that customs was trying to figure out how to tax the fish we caught and brought back!!!!!!

At least you all have your own houses! "Starter" house is 600K+ around here! :screwy:

Happy new year as well everyone, hope all is well otherwise!

Damn guys its been so long!

How is everyone doing these days??
Happy new year as well! :)

Haven't been into PC gaming much at all lately - but I have been into retro consoles as of late. Latest pickup was an original Xbox V1.0 ready for some upgrades and mods :D

Hope you all are doing well!
-Kyle

Just moved in November .... work was crazy and half my stuff is still in storage. Haven't been on much an just dusted off my computer and set it up 3 weeks ago. Lol no time to play. There's still a few of the rodeo clowns around though not much rodeoing going on.

Hey Silver, I'm still around and I see C_D posting once in a while. Haven't seen RGone on here in a very long time I'm still in touch with Mandrake by text message.
Thats good! I saw Caddi on here a while ago too, good to see he's still around. Anyone heard from RGone outside of OCF? Wonder what he's up to hehe :D Good to hear Manny is doin' alright too, with things the way they are these days it's good to know ya'll are still alright :)
Well I just got done working. Finished up 4 jobs today.
Damn long days eh? Seems that's almost a necessity these days to keep up with the bills and everything...
Just moved in November .... work was crazy and half my stuff is still in storage. Haven't been on much an just dusted off my computer and set it up 3 weeks ago. Lol no time to play. There's still a few of the rodeo clowns around though not much rodeoing going on.
Oh nice! Where'd you move to? Up north more?
I feel ya on the lack of time, not sure why but since Covid it seems time slips by faster or something..

I'm just a bit farther north a smaller place and alot less work for me. The move was just bad timing as it fell right smack dab on the beginning of Christmas rush at canada post. Was a tough run this year I'm just getting some energy to do things again though it's still tough to get going in the AM on the weekends.

I broke my leg 9 months ago.
I gotta say the experience is worse than it first appears and not without surprises; in comparison to the previous year anyway.

Nice to see posts here!

Hey Silver, I'm still around and I see C_D posting once in a while. Haven't seen RGone on here in a very long time I'm still in touch with Mandrake by text message.
Hello, thread has grown immensely since I bought all the parts for my build.

Needless to say it IMG_20230728_231554057_HDR~2.jpg is up and running and I'm trying to dial it in. Was using the oc guide on OCN and not sure if you visit there anymore. If I haven't filled my sig specs in I will edit it.
But I hit a wall at 4.4 via multi and vcore bumps. I have turned on the LLC and managed to pass up to 4.6 losing 1 worker in p95 typically. Seems I have a weak core.
But I could and would appreciate any help getting higher. Haven't touched ram yet. Nor NB (fsb) ram is set to 1600 defaults.

But temps are not an issue.

The new bios has some settings I've not been able to find mention of in the older guides. Like enable extreme ov for one.

Here my hwinfo64 with one worker failed on p95 v 30.8

Need to compress img

Last edited:
Think I've got a frequency hole right about 4.5. At 4.8 now and no failing workers.
With the loose memory also 10% above a 9590 with a 8320. Early sample.

Edit
Lost a worker. Appears to be at 1.428 with weak core at 1.416.

It's rounding errors btw.

Edit edit. Lost m and kb this time.

Nice. It's been a while since I've messed with my FX CPUs. I agree. Your Temps look fine. You can try bumping your VCore a bit more. 1.45 should be no problem for your Crosshsir board.

I know there are some FSB holes ect, had went for 245, had to go back down to 241, but Diablo for required 240, also with 2 bumps down on vcore and cpu/nb was rock solid at 240.
I also need to figure out MSI afterburner, never really used it before. and have to revisit the kepler threads.

It was a oven yesterday ambient was about 90f, The ss above hallway thermostat said 86 or 88 the night before. I think I have a 2 degree C delta T

It's definitely been a hot summer here too.

I've generally had better success with BIOS over Afterburner overclocking. It's a great tool though. I used to use Afterburner early to get a feel what a particular chip could do, then refine and lean on it in BIOS with extreme cooling (Dry ice).

Back