• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Upgraded

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jshake

Can anyone tell me if there is any benefit to upgrading to windows 8. As you can see in my sig. My processor is a AMD FX 8350. I have already installed the Bulldozer Microsoft Hot Fixes. Last year when Bulldozer was released , Everyone was saying , ( Wait for Windows 8 to fix scheduling problems ). I don't want to switch to Windows 8, Just one mans opinion , ( I think it s _ _ ks ). But if there will be a performance gain , I might consider it.
Thanks
jshake

Tomshardware did a W7 vs W8 comparison, unfortunately they used an Intel for benching, the difference between the games they tested was a margin of 1%.

Thank You,
For your replies. I have read many articals about 7 verses 8. I was looking into something a little more to do with AMD Fx series. It still may be way to early to make a dissension. The beta version of 8 has been out for awhile. I have tried it myself. I was not impressed. To big a change from 7. I was looking into any real world advantage that 8 has over 7 within the context of using it with the new FX chips.
Thank You
jshake

I've seen a comparison between 7 and 8 using an fx8150, let me look for it again...
Some benchmarks benefit from it by a 1% margin some are better in unpatched win 7 and some are better in Win 7 with hotfix. Don't waste time. ;)

EDIT: yeah, that one up there...

Back