• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D Master L and Dual Mobile XP 2600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steambeast

Registered
Looking to upgrade from my 1700's on my K7D Master L and I am looking to go to Mobile XP 2600's. Curious as to what people have gotten theirs up to, and how viable this is. Cooling would purely be air for right now.

I have my 2400+ only at 2600+, but I just got a better psu and plan to do more. I seen that Rpkole on here has his 2600+ at 2.6GHz and 2400+ at 2.6GHz!

Originally I was going to get two mobile cpus for my dually. After reading up on the stability problems, (hit or miss) I decided to look for some MP modded 1700's or 1800's. Found 2x 1700's & one of them died. So I recently got 2x 1800's. I'd recommend the same, unless you don't mind taking the risk of the mobiles running unstable. Something to consider thats all.

Oh & my new 1800's do 14x150/w 1.6vcore easily, so speed is not a concern. Although I got lucky too. I see you already have 1700's though..... :-/

Been runnin my dual mobile 2600's at 2300+mhz for a long time now. Rock solid stable and only running 1.525V in the bios for the core. I'm liquid cooled though but I imagine you can replicate with some good copper hsf's.

Back