• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7d master-l temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
another update....

case temp is now at about 27*C, cuz it got cooler up here....

i took the heatsink off... and cleaned off the as3...

i didnt apply another layer... cuz supposedly i put too much on before... i just left what was on earlier on the die...

temps idling are below:

cpu0: 57*C
cpu1: 60*C

seems as though my chip is always at least 30*C above case temp....

i think im going to apply some as3, cuz i dont think i put too much on...

i think im going to apply some as3, cuz i dont think i put too much on... [/B]

just use a very little bit...and then spread it very evenly over the area...there should be no gunkiness, but there should be enough to just barely fill in the microscopic crevices...which is the purpose anyway

also try to make sure of two things:

1) that the heat sink is on in the right orientation...(it will fit on backwards, but it doesn't work as well---6-8C higher temps)

2) that the heat sink is flush with the chip

since my temps are so high anyways... i think ill even try it in the wrong orientation....

im pretty sure its flush.... the only way i can be sure though, is to take it out of the case...

thank you agian....

current temps agian:

case: 26*C it got alot cooler outside today
cpu0: 66*C
cpu1: 71*C

these are while running prime....

current temps agian:

case: 26*C it got alot cooler outside today
cpu0: 66*C
cpu1: 71*C

these are while running prime.... [/B]

dang, 26C on the motherboard must mean it's like 20C in that room or 65-68F?

that's chil-l-l-l-ly

I had some custom 80mm ystech fans/akasa 795cu hs setup on my duallie and I was seeing 54 to 58C on each CPU, with ambient around 21 to 24C (hey, its Scotland :D).

Now I have dual Speeze VultureSpin coolers and my temps seem to be down to between 49 and 53C.

Duallies will probably run a bit hotter: one hot AMD CPU is usually bad enough to try and cool, never mind two!

Also check your case ventilation and make sure you got plenty airflow.

man... everyone's temps are better than mine....

i jsut ordered 2 aluminum case fans... should be quiet...

rite now im running yxtech 120 mm at 7v, and the antec one for case fan...

currently:
case: 27*C
cpu0: 60*C
cpu1: 65*C

those are load temps....

2100, 144*15 i think.... havent checked, maybe its 140*15

ive reseated the hsf many times... and am almost gonna give up....

man..... im so jealous.....

my dually is with t-breds....

i hope that the sensors are wrong...

cuz my t-bird [email protected] is at 46*C under full load

but these are like 20*C higher than that....

where can i get a cheap thermal probe?

cuz the hsf temps feel about the same for cpu0 and my tbird...
except one reads 58*C, and the other 46*C....

im sure its seated correctly cuz ive done it like 5 times... and the temps are consistant.... about 40*C above case temp

there is heat transfered cuz the hsf is warm to the touch....

The sensors are good, but you have to consider that cooling a dually is a whole different ballgame, than a single-CPU machine. Since you have two heat-producing CPU's, it is much harder to cool. The hot air from one CPU will get recycled into the intake of the heatsink of the other CPU, and vice-versa. This is why case airflow is so important. Don't be surprised to see CPU2 hotter than CPU1, too. It is very common, often around 5C difference.

T-breds and Bartons are much hotter chips then Pally's, too. Most T-bred/Barton rigs can't afford to run over 1.6 Vcore or so, without getting pretty high temps, unless you have really good heatsinks and really good case airflow. I'm running dual Bartons at 1.4 Vcore and my temps stay right at 50C (I have all my fans cranked down, with rheostats.)

For what it's worth, I believe the K7D reads CPU diode temps.

diode temps huh..... taht makes it harder to compare temps with other people with different boards...

is it safe to assume that its 10*C higher then? where can i get a cheap thermal probe? i think i have one from my old abit board, but does this board have a thermal probe reading?

thanks again...

Back