• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep, Buy, SLI, Wait For New Video Card For Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigmike35

Registered
I currently have a gtx 760 sc edition video card in my system. I am currently building a new system, and was wondering to keep, buy, sli or wait for the new cards to be released. I would say I have around a 250-400 budget (mb more if need be). I would like to stay with nvidia type cards. Inputs on what to do. I do game a lot and heavy games as well with some encoding.

New Build Specs:
i7 4770k
Asus Max Hero
16G DDR3 Ripjaws 2400
Corsair 750x PSU (80 Gold)

Currently just have a 22' screen, samsung, 1ms response, 60 hz. Possibly looking to upgrade to a 24-25in. Also, any suggestion on what monitor as well? I know want a higher refresh rate, fast response time and so forth. Brand maybe, I see a lot of Asus, there monitors pretty good? I always liked samsung, but seems you can get a little better deal with Asus monitors

Thanks

22' screen? WOW that is HUGE! (I think you meant 22" :p)

Being serious, you have to ask yourself this question really. Do the games you play still run fine with that card? If so, why buy another, if not, grab another card or sell current and get a better single card.

As far as the monitor goes... the inches do not matter, but the resolution it is, does. Is your 22" 1080p? Are the 24" you are looking for the same res? That is what matters as far as what horsepower is needed.

22' screen? WOW that is HUGE! (I think you meant 22" :p)

Being serious, you have to ask yourself this question really. Do the games you play still run fine with that card? If so, why buy another, if not, grab another card or sell current and get a better single card.

As far as the monitor goes... the inches do not matter, but the resolution it is, does. Is your 22" 1080p? Are the 24" you are looking for the same res? That is what matters as far as what horsepower is needed.

Yea that would be a sweet monitor!!! LOL. Size of a room ha. But as of now, I do not feel lag or fps drops or lagging due to video card. Yes, its a LED 22" 1080p monitor. I would be looking for a 24/25 but I saw the resolution size dosen't change, just the 1440P is the main difference. The 22" is prob good after looking at some and prices. The main reason to sli is 1) well cool to have 2 cards 2) get 2 free games (well 120 value lol) is the main reason cuz I want those games ha. But all in all, I believe the 760 sc will be able to handle anything thrown at is for now, and if worse case scenario, maybe dowb the road quite a bit, SLI them plus the price will have to drop pretty good.

Back