• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard and Mouse dont work after remote desktop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
I have been testing Remote desktop this weekend to my work pc, and when i got in this morning, i was unable to use the keyboard and mouse, had to restart the pc before anything worked.

It appears to happen when i ahve used remote desktop from my Surface Pro 4, i havnt really tested other pc's but it doesnt happen for anyone else in the company. Anyone have a clue?

Did you try unplugging the mouse/keyboard before trying to login and/or rebooting to see if maybe the driver(s) got confused? You made sure to disconnect your session from your SP4 as well? Are you able to reproduce it every time with the SP4 and only the SP4?

Unplugging and replugging did make them work, I have managed to reproduce the error at least 2 times where i was aware of the issue. As far as confusing drivers, how would i solve that, the drivers were reinstalled not all that long ago.

I'm unsure of the fix for the drivers. It just sounds like when the SP4 connects on it disconnects/forgets the already installed devices. I would try one of your other PCs at home to see if you can reproduce it on anything else but the SP4.

Back