• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Keyboard stutters, keys randomly unresponsive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's possible that plate could cause the issues, I've seen metal plates do it.

I think you might be right. When I hold the keyboard beneath the desk the problems disappears. Why would it be that sensitive? :/

I think you might be right. When I hold the keyboard beneath the desk the problems disappears. Why would it be that sensitive? :/

It's an issue of material density.
Metal and glass are high density materials, which doesn't let signals and such pass nearly as well as something like wood.

I wouldn't have thought that a 4mm glass plate would be enough at that range, but it is after all only an USB powered receiver. And probably relatively weak senders for battery lifetime reasons.

Thanks for all your help! :)

I wouldn't have thought that a 4mm glass plate would be enough at that range, but it is after all only an USB powered receiver. And probably relatively weak senders for battery lifetime reasons.

Thanks for all your help! :)

You're welcome!

Since that appears to be the issue a USB extension to the top of the desk would definitely help!

Back