• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KEYPAD MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vernaldimple

Registered
Just a quick share. (see pic)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm completely useless with finger positioning on the keys.. Here is an idea I came up with on Razer Tartarus V2! sanded the keys wiped with alcohol and glue O rings, bump stops and square caps on specific keys..

I now know instantly where my fingers are and never miss key anymore..

Razer products are the best there is as far as I'm concerned... Tried them all... Also I've removed the clicks from the buttons which makes things minutely smoother.

Goes without saying, you will most definitely void any warranty doing this but I've had this same keypad for 4+ years now and it hasn't skipped a beat! IMG_20210504_142838.jpg

Neat!

I had issues when I started playing PC games decades ago and again when I switched from using the arrow keys to the more standard WASD. That said, a lot of gaming keyboards come with different WASD keys that have textures on them to help with orientation.

Yea earthdog, I've seen expensive gaming keyboards with textured wsad keys... I can't game comfortly on a standard size keyboard tho.. This is my only option. 6-8 hour sessions, ya need to be comfortable..

(BTW earthdog... Is the pic viewable OK? I can't open any pics on this app on phone.. Is there a setting? Appreciate it)

Many cheap ones have them too. ;)

Regardless, this is neatO for your device. thanks for sharing!! :)

Yes, I can see the image. Not sure about the app and displaying images, I use the normal site. :thup:

Back