• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7-Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderMatrix

i have a kt7 Raid with a duron 700 Mhz with a volcano II
hs i also have windows xp home
I just unlocked my L1 bridges and i can successfully boot windows at 900 Mhz and then i tried to boot it at 1000 mhz and it just hangs after the bios is done and the o/s starts to boot also i tried bumping up the fsb past 110 after 950 Mhz and i get nothing my core voltage is at 1.70 is this too high or too low or what i am a first time overclocker have read almost all the overclocking articles and the cooling articles and i am stumped plese some one help me i need it

Welcome To The Forums

The KT7 has the KT133 chipset that will not run anything higher than 115FSB/230MHz if you can even get it that high. The voltage you can bump up as high as the BIOS will let you provided that you have sufficient cooling. What are you temps?

well my temps are around 104F idle and 109F with a load im working on the cooling thing and i have another question under the fsb setting is another setting which you can adjust the setting of the fsb which you can put in a number from 0-28 whats that about and how come my comp will not boot at the 10x multiplier i have the L1 unlocked alot of others have hit the 10x and it boots fine

Could you please type what you exactly see in SOFT MENU III. I would like to see what you have done. Temps in °C please;)

Temps are 42C non load
45C with load
Soft Menu III

First Option
-CPU Operating Speed: User Define
-multiplier Factor: 9x
-cpu fsb/pci clock: 100/33 Mhz
-cpu fsb plus(mhz): 0
-speed error hold: Disabled

-CPU Power Supply: User Define
-core voltage: 1.700v
-i/o voltage: 3.30v

Fast CPU Command: Fast
CPU Drive Strength: 3
Enhance Chip Performance: Enabled
Force 4 way interleave: Enabled
Enable dram 4k-page mode: Enabled
Dram Clock: hclk + pciclk

-cpu fsb/pci clock: 100/33 Mhz
-cpu fsb plus(mhz): 0 You can add 1MHz at a time to your FSB

-core voltage: 1.700v I would go for more since usually going 1GHz requires a lot of power
-i/o voltage: 3.30v Try going 3.5V, might help you reach 110FSB

Try this;

-cpu fsb/pci clock: 100/33
-cpu fsb plus(mhz): 10

-core voltage: 1.800V
-i/o voltage: 3.5V

Hopefully you reach 9 X (100 +10) = 990MHz
Next step would be 9.5 X (100 + 10) = 1045MHz. I would think with a VCore of 1.85V

You will be getting a substancial increase in temps with the higher VCore so watch you temps! You might want to ty this with the panels off & a a house fan blowing on the side of your case. If it works then that means you need better cooling to get to 1000MHz

Last edited:
well i got so many system errors and windows would not boot up so i reformated the hard drive and im still at 900 Mhz it will not boot any higher though some one tell me whats wrong what about memory settings should they b 8ns/10ns or normal or what
and dram interleave on or off 4way 2way i dont know i need a full spec of what to do with this

SpyderMatrix said:
well i got so many system errors and windows would not boot up so i reformated the hard drive and im still at 900 Mhz it will not boot any higher though some one tell me whats wrong what about memory settings should they b 8ns/10ns or normal or what
and dram interleave on or off 4way 2way i dont know i need a full spec of what to do with this
Which setting did you try? For more BIOS setting questions this article is sure to answer all your questions regarding your memory timings & then some;) Also don't forget to visit Paul. He has a ton of info that can help you. You just might have reached the limit of your chip if you tried my useless tips:(

i did get it to post and i got to windows at 1 ghz but it started to lock up when i tried to do something so i put it back to 950 i think its the chip limitation thats all thanks man you have been a good help and i have learned how to overclock better because of you thanx once again.

SpyderMatrix said:
i did get it to post and i got to windows at 1 ghz but it started to lock up when i tried to do something so i put it back to 950 i think its the chip limitation thats all thanks man you have been a good help and i have learned how to overclock better because of you thanx once again.
Hold on there a minute! So if it did get into windows then your half way there! What were the settings in SOFT MENU III that got you there? What were your temps? 1000MHz just might be in reach:D

here so you can see it better ignore last post
WCPUID.bmp

Have you maxed out your voltage yet? Your really on the hot side of things now so better cooling should be in your future.

i maxed out the voltage and kicked the i/o to 3.60v and it worked for a few min then i tryed to get my temps and it locked up

i got it to post at 120 fsb so why cant anyone else all i did was set the multiplier to default 7x and put the FSB to120mhz and it posted at 840Mhz and i got to windows and all was good i still cant be stable at 1 ghz dont know maybe just the limitations of the cpu oh well im getting me an AMD Athlon 4 1.13 ghz for $79.00 next week so see what i can do after that

:burn:

The 1.13GHz 266FSB CPUs have a really bad reputation as overclockers. You might want to look at something else. The CPU data base on the front page should help you choose a better stepping.

well thats all i can afford at the moment so i will save some money but for now i need something new and it was offered at a good price ok thnx sonny u have been a real help

Back