• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Battery Vendors? need 6 cell aspire one battery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neffirithion

Registered
I have googled and searched both this forum and others and have not come to a good answer yet. So I'll ask. I am looking for an aspire one 6 (or if i can find one worth it 9 cell) aspire one battery. I just nabbed a one off ebay for about 258 shipped (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=190272519015) it looks great, cause it has a SSD and ram upgrade... but the thing is, I don't wanna have to deal with the 3 cell battery. I know its gonna prolly be like 100ish bucks, but does anyone know where i can find a reputable vendor that has aspire one 6 cells? where I won't be entirely ripped off or scammed? Casue most of the places I've found via google look sketchy.

If this falls under another forum, sorry... feel free to move.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

cdw.com is a place you should look. You could also order it from sourceits.com though I'm not sure if the ETA on the batteries has changed.
I hope you didn't intend to install Windows on that SSD, or else you may be disappointed. There's a bit of work you will need to do to reduce the stuttering/slowness.

I hope you didn't intend to install Windows on that SSD, or else you may be disappointed. There's a bit of work you will need to do to reduce the stuttering/slowness.

Haha, the guy that I bought it from has windows on it, I am hoping its not a pirated copy so i can sell it and hopefully get enough money to help get the battery. I'm gonna try the stock linux OS, and if that doesn't tickle my fancy, it will be a ubuntu variant. Thanks for the quick response... I know in the past ebay has been sketchy on things like laptop batteries, but now that its flooded with powersellers... are those people reputable? namely, this one looks too good to be true, so that makes me think it is... but one can only hope...

Thanks again!
Matt

Last edited:
haha, thanks for the link... I've been searching and actually found that forum myself. now just to scrounge up the money!

im looking for one as well been checking ebay but still have no luck on a decent battery and a decent price for my budget but I guess ill check the computer show when it comes to town after the holidays maybe i can get one dirt cheap and that may be an option for you as well. Let me know if you have better luck than me on this man

Back