• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop for 3K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my grandpa's buisness is a member of the national home builder association. and the national home builder association has the 12% off thing also... I've bought bolth of my laptops though my grandfathers buisness... If you can't get it to work that way dell has an edecuational program with 12% off also for select schools... when I want to buy a laptop from dell I go deal hunting... I wait for the best deal possible... my first laptop was 52% off and my second one was 65% off ;) I had cupons that could stack together plus mail in rebates plus the 12% bolth times ;) oh and I kinda cheated on the price of the second one cause I saved $400 buying 2 gigs of ram from newegg! although I waited for about 3 months checking Dealsites every single day before I found those deals.

ozzlo said:
my grandpa's buisness is a member of the national home builder association. and the national home builder association has the 12% off thing also... I've bought bolth of my laptops though my grandfathers buisness... If you can't get it to work that way dell has an edecuational program with 12% off also for select schools... when I want to buy a laptop from dell I go deal hunting... I wait for the best deal possible... my first laptop was 52% off and my second one was 65% off ;) I had cupons that could stack together plus mail in rebates plus the 12% bolth times ;) oh and I kinda cheated on the price of the second one cause I saved $400 buying 2 gigs of ram from newegg! although I waited for about 3 months checking Dealsites every single day before I found those deals.

Woo, Laptop for over half off and I was hoping to get the 12% so I could get 32% off. Well right now I've got the laptop (with only 1 gig of ram) and the AMIX 51v and then the mid-range AMIX 51 all for $2976.22 after free shipping and tax. I think my biggest thing will be once we come on the list for the computer loan, we have 1 week to get a quote back to Downtown or else we loose the loan, so I will not be able to shop or wait for deals really.

Why dont they have these crazy half off offers in the uk??

Id get a laptop if they we're overpriced and performed well without the battery life dying. Whats the point having a laptop if you cant spend long lectures playin bf2?

check out sonys new model

with the core duo
led backlight lcd
i think its only has a 7400 which is alright
but it also has intel graphics so when you need crazy battery life you switch to that vid card

The closest thing sony has to a PDA is the Sony PSP. at least as far as I'm aware of. you can get the PSP to run applications and software but I think it requires doing things I'm not quite sure I'm allowed to talk about.

if you want my personal opinion I have BANNED sony because of something called DRM. so I myself will probbably never get a PSP. I would say if you really really want a pda (not sure why because you can do everthing you do on a pda on a laptop) except carry it in your pocket and instantly whip it out. That's the only exception. I keep a calander and schedule and keep track of events and such through MS outlook on my laptop. and actually if you buy a PDA it has MS outlook built into the OS and if you sync it to your laptop you do it through outlook! if you really absolutelly must have one then I would reccomend Dell or HP. I perfer dell but hp had some good ones back in the day.

Last edited:
ozzlo said:
The closest thing sony has to a PDA is the Sony PSP. at least as far as I'm aware of

LoL a PSP. I'm sold on Dell. Next month baby!

since u are worried about battery life, make sure that u get the 9 cell battery. but it will give u 2 options, upgrade from 6 to 9 cell for 99, or just get the 6 and 9 cell for 129. makes sure that u get the one for 129 cause for 30 bucks it is worth it to get both batteries.

silicon??? said:
since u are worried about battery life, make sure that u get the 9 cell battery. but it will give u 2 options, upgrade from 6 to 9 cell for 99, or just get the 6 and 9 cell for 129. makes sure that u get the one for 129 cause for 30 bucks it is worth it to get both batteries.

Hey thanks for that. I completely missed getting both batteries. I had already upgraded to just a 9 cell battery.

Did anyone else notice on the E1705 (i9400) overview page, that it list the 7800 go as a video card option, but when you go in and try and configure one its not listed as an option?

Not meaning to thread jack, just wondering because I am actually looking for a laptop in this price range too, and am reading all the threads about them. And I want to be able to play all my games with as much eyecandy as possible on my laptop.

bk2005 said:
Did anyone else notice on the E1705 (i9400) overview page, that it list the 7800 go as a video card option, but when you go in and try and configure one its not listed as an option?

Not meaning to thread jack, just wondering because I am actually looking for a laptop in this price range too, and am reading all the threads about them. And I want to be able to play all my games with as much eyecandy as possible on my laptop.

Yes I noticed this. I believe dell is in the progress of updating the web site. I was trying to look at the 1505 for my friend and when I went to go to the configuration a page it said enter username and password. :rolleyes:

While you are looking for a 7800go, I'm praying that in 2 weeks they still will offer the X1400. (X1400 = mild gaming = good battery life)

Its going to be a Gateway

Well Friday my dad leaned that we are not allowed to purchase PDAs on the computer loan. So with that out I've been shooping around and right now Gateway has the best deal by far.

here is the specs of the laptop. $2,816.88 total cost. That includes a 7800go! Now I was not looking for something with that kind of graphic power, but when you compare the dell and the Gateway, the gateway is cheaper slightly, and has that kind of graphic power. Were going to call then up when we actually get the loan and see if we can get a 7200 RPM drive instead of that slow 5400.

Back