• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop not picking up high capacity batteries?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

hey guys, its me again :)

i just got 2 new batteries for my dell c640 latitude, high capacity ones, about 10wh more than the original OEM, only problem is when i plug them in they still read to about what the original OEM battery was at 53wH instead of 66wH.

what i've noticed is that Dell ships a bios upgrade cd with their high capacity batteries to support them, so i checked to a newer bios, but it seems that i already have the latest (A10) bios installed :-S i'm kinda stumped right now.

i did, the latest driver they have is A10, and thats what i already have on my laptop :-S

was this laptop intended to use these batteries? or are the batteries from a similar or newer/older model? It's possible that you might be able to get away with upgrading to the bios of a different model that supports the batteries but that can be VERY VERY VERY risky...

when i look up my model laptop on the dell website, they offer these batteries, rated at the higher 66wH and include a bios upgrade disk, which includes the later bios A10, which i already have :-/
Even on the battery webpage where it sells, it says that it goes with my laptop and on the model on the battery is the same as old battery.

Back