• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek Ti4400 My VIVO BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HACK-ETT

Registered
Does anyone have detailed info on how to flash this BIOS to the Ti4600. I've seen that it can be done but can't seem to find any detailed instructions. The reason I want to do this is so the video card will default to my oc'ed clock speeds (no more flash of the screen when I boot the computer). Thanks in advanced for any info.

You will need:

- A DOS bootdisk
- A program to flash the bios on the card
- A card BIOS image.

***WARNING***
If you flash a BIOS to that card which is not intended for the card you may damage the card permenantly. Do it at your own risk!

I have the program, nvflash and the program needed to edit the BIOS rom file, but it tells me that "supported eeprom not found"?

HACK-ETT said:
I have the program, nvflash and the program needed to edit the BIOS rom file, but it tells me that "supported eeprom not found"?

The EEPROM chip (erasable something programmable ROM) on the board is not supported. Are you running from DOS or Windows?

David

DOS. I've been in contact w/ Leadtek tech support, and have asked them for a working .rom. They are asking me why I need it, I don't think that should be any of there concern, just give me the correct working .rom file.:mad: I understand that they don't want people getting the performance of a ti4600 for the price of there ti4400, but it's not like they don't give the end user that option w/there winfox overclocking software. I just want to overclock it at a lower level. Does anyone here have a working Leadtek Ti4400 My VIVO .rom file that I can use to fufill my wishes.

I've told tech support that I flashed the bios w/ another cards .rom file. I figured that would give me a good enough excuse to get a new version of the .rom file they are coveting so. I just hope it's not there policy to tell me to go get f**ked, that would be weak.:(

I would think the ROM would be available at the card makers website, at least I know Albatron provides the ROM images for download.

David

How do I get more than one lonely pathetic yellow star on my profile. :eh?:

HACK-ETT said:
How do I get more than one lonely pathetic yellow star on my profile. :eh?:

It is post related, for 0 to 9 stars.

10 Stars are for Seniors, Mods and Admins.

David

Stars:-

11 - 50 - 1 Star
51 - 100 - 2 Stars
101 - 250 - 3 Stars
251 - 500 - 4 Stars
501 - 750 - 5 Stars
751 - 1000 - 6 Stars
1001 - 2000 - 7 Stars
2001 - 4000 - 8 Stars
4001 or more - 9 Stars

New Member - Registered - Yellow Stars – The newest additions to the forums. Either future overclockers to be or experienced already. Welcome to the Forums!!!

Member, Contributing Member, Dedicated member - Orange Stars – The lifeblood of the forum are the members and these are the guys here day in day out asking and answering questions.

Senior Member - Blue Stars – Senior Members have been recognized for a multitude of traits. All are extremely intelligent in the methods of overclocking, civil, kind, and active in the life of the forums. Senior Members are appointed by the Moderators and Staff in recognition of their service to the forums.

Moderator(all titles) - Green Stars - cw823, Hoot, Jon, LutaWicasa, Maddman, Mr. B, Nihili, SilverSinkSam, SpeeDJ, Thelemac, UnseenMenace, and William. The moderators read every post and ensure the posts are in the right topic, follow the forum rules, and keep things in good order.

Admin - Red Stars – Skip, Joe, Shadow, and Newbie_Doo. The admins are responsible for overseeing forum policy and designing methods for the moderators to enforce them. They also keep the servers up and running in great shape.

Want to become a Senior Member? Here is what the moderators and staff look for when appointing Senior Members: (In order of importance)

1. A willingness to help others, particularly when an individual has little personal interest in the topic or problem. As when a Senior helps a beginner with a problem which has been discussed many times in the past.
2. A demonstrated patience and reserve in dealing with disagreeable people.
3. The ability to discuss or disagree in a topic on the basis of REASON rather than personal attacks, which never further knowledge, but can only wound hearts.
4.A reasonable to good back ground in overclocking and cooling combined with a general knowledge of hardware as a whole.
5. Approximately three - four months in our forum. Time to demonstrate a continuing interest in our forum and allow us to determine the presence of the afore mentioned qualities.

The links they have are for two different ftp sites. One is in the US, it's a dead link. The other is in taiwan, and it is an an older .rom file that will not replace my existing .rom file. wfflash prog that I'm using to flash it reports that there is an error. I think there flash prog will not allow older .roms to be flashed over newer ones. Just my guess. I'm pretty annoyed that there tech support is asking why I need it rather than just giving me what I need. :mad:

Thanks for the star info David. I guess I'll start posting more often, where I can help others.

I've got it. While attempting to flash the bios, I was not paying attention to the sub vendor/device ID #. The cards original was 107D/2893, the one that I was replacing it with was 107D/2892. I changed that and was able to flash it with out futher problems. My Ti4400 is now clocked @ 300/650 default, no more software oc'ing. Pretty sweet. :D I just wish that Leadteks tech support would still send me the latest version. The one I downloaded from the site was a month older than the one I replaced it with. I'm not sure what the difference between the two is. Oh well

Download the leadtek .rom file from leadteks website and you should be fine. The bios on their site is for the non VIVO version the working link is taiwan. Use the BIOS utility from the site I refered to in my last post to change the default clock speeds, then use wfflash to write the altered rom.

I thought you use the 4600 bios instead of modifying the 4400 bios. right? If this is true, then you don't need to change the default for the 4600 bios.

jayel

There is no point in using the ti4600 .rom file. Just edit the speeds of the ti4400 .rom file. I found this to work the best for me. I have VIVO, so I didn't want to screw with that.

did you change the device ID and sub-device ID so it shows as 4600? Thanks

jayel

No, why. That's what I was getting at before, there is no need to change the cards ids, just adjust the 4400's core and memory speeds to 4600's default. Unless you want friends to think you have the 4600, personally I like it the way I did it, it shows that I've tweaked it beyond what most will do. If you put the 4600 bios on your card, your friends are just gonna wonder why you can't overclock your "4600" over the stock speeds w/out artifacts. Just my .02 cents.:D

Back