• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets try this agian: Dolk + LN2 + 975 = 7Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
When: Today, Tuesday 4/19/2011

Time: I pick will be leaving to pick up the LN2 at 4:00 PM. Will start the stream around 4:30 PM CT - 4:45 PM CT. I will go until 20L is done. Probably around 7ish or 8ish.

System: M4A89GTD-Pro with 975 BE (may switch to 965 if things do not go to well). OCZ AMD Black ED. 5870 Matrix.

Focus: The main focus is CPU-Z, I want my 7 GHz :D. After that I will focus only on 2D.

Livestream: I will be using the Overclockers Livestream

Last edited:
Idea stealer!!! LOL

I will also hopefully be benching tonight w/livestream. So you'll guys have 2 too watch :)

My thread is in the private benching section, but maybe I'll post one out here in public as well once i get rolling.

I'll be around 6-7pm EST, so close to the same times.

Idea stealer!!! LOL

I will also hopefully be benching tonight w/livestream. So you'll guys have 2 too watch :)

My thread is in the private benching section, but maybe I'll post one out here in public as well once i get rolling.

I'll be around 6-7pm EST, so close to the same times.

Gahhhhh I was planning on doing the same thing :p

Its over :( Bored or CPU died, will find out tomorrow.

6956 CPUz, and a couple SPI 1Ms.

My friends put a Twix bar in my LN2 container, I had to use the rest of the LN2 for stupid things so I could clean the dewer...

6956 CPUz, and a couple SPI 1Ms.

My friends put a Twix bar in my LN2 container, I had to use the rest of the LN2 for stupid things so I could clean the dewer...

No things are stupid when LN2 is involved :chair:

I used two CPUs, both did not boot up on the board. There is a quick turn on and than off. I looked at the mosfets, and it looks like one of my solder jobs was undone. I'm going to try and repair that later today, and see if it works.

Thats what my UD3R is doing too, only I have no other CPU to test, or board to test the CPU on.

We are a sad bunch....LOL....always killing our hardware. Mine was a stupid mistake though, course if I was using LN2 it wouldn't have happened.

I used two CPUs, both did not boot up on the board. There is a quick turn on and than off. I looked at the mosfets, and it looks like one of my solder jobs was undone. I'm going to try and repair that later today, and see if it works.

This is exactly what's going on with my P5Q-Dlx. I don't think I killed as I never took it cold and never used it. I'm pretty sure a cap or something was broken. Tried 3 different CPUs and 3 different PSU's. Turns on, stays on for about 30 seconds, then shuts off. :(

Oh well, hopefully ASUS will fix it up.

Back