• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG 29UC88 Frame Skipping at 75hz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godevskii

Hello,

i recently acquired an LG 29UC88-B monitor and its advertised as 75hz refresh rate, but when i first connected it to my GTX 1070 via high speed HDMI cable it was only showing natively 60hz. So i went on nvidia control panel and created a custom profile, and i could overclock it til 80hz, but i got a lot of frame skipping, so i tested lower refresh rates and used my camera to take pictures, to my surprise i got frame skipping even at 61hz refresh rate, but at 60hz works fine.

After this i went on the web and found that in order to take advantage of the 75hz refresh rate natively i must use a display port cable in order enable freesync on OSD, so i got myself a display port cable (unfortunately LG does not provide one with the monitor) enabled freesync and yes the 75hz refresh rate is available natively but when i tested for frame skipping the monitor skips every 5th frame and it is very noticeable by the naked eye.

Apart from this problem, i have just a bit of back light bleed on the top of the monitor most noticeable on the right corner but nothing too serious. I love the monitor, colors and contrast are very neat and sharp but i cant just go back to 60hz since i my older monitor was 75hz, and now i feel the difference.

The monitor is still under the 15 days trial period, so i want to ask what you guys think, is it bad luck on my panel? Should i return the monitor? Is there some way, other then buying an AMD card, to get no frame skipping at 75hz (maybe using CRU)?

Thanks in advance,

If you game I'd return it. My asus is pushing 120Hz natively over hdmi with amd gpu. 75Hz is like so yesterday and for such an awesome monitor to max out at 75 seems like a waste, imo.

what happens if you disable freesync and just run at 75hz refresh rate?

If you game I'd return it. My asus is pushing 120Hz natively over hdmi with amd gpu. 75Hz is like so yesterday and for such an awesome monitor to max out at 75 seems like a waste, imo.

Yes i do game, but my problem its not the 75hz cap, its the frame skipping at that refresh rate. Of course i would like to have a monitor of the same caliber (21:9 curved ips) at even higher refresh rate, but that would be 1000+ €, and at this price point (460€) i dont see any other alternatives. Before i bought the LG i was looking at the AOC C3583fq (550€) its 35" curved 2000r, better response time, and 160hz (although i heard that at 160hz also skips frames but works perfectly at 144hz), but there are some down sides, 35" at 2560x1080 has low pixel resolution 79ppi, also mva panel its not so good on color reproduction (except on blacks) and theres no height adjustment or vesa mount.

You can see my dilemma...

what happens if you disable freesync and just run at 75hz refresh rate?

If i disable freesync i wont have the 75hz option natively, only through overclock and its skips even more frames.

Last edited:
Back