• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LGA 775 mobo that can handle 3TB RAID 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpicMango

I scrapped together a HTPC, and all you need to know is that its a LGA 775 Pentium D 925 dual core

I wanna do 2 3TB in RAID 1 for redundancy, but I need a motherboard that can actually do that..

I was looking at a Rampage but I can't find the limitations on how much space it can handle

Any help or recommendations for a board?? Don't wanna built a new HTPC just because I can't store as much as I want to

If the controller supports that size of disk, then it should RAID them fine. Without more details, such as price, form factor, or other features, I'm not really sure what to suggest.

Anything ICH9R and newer should be fine with that size of disk.

Well for budget, as low as possible. Strickly a HTPC, so i don't need to spend any extra money when it isn't needed

Need a mATX form factor

ICH9R? Unfamiliar with that terminology

Whatever gets the job done for the cheapest wins

ICH9R is the southbridge chipset. I'm not sure if they ever paired the G series (G33, etc) northbridges with the RAID chips, but you could find one of those pretty cheap. Downside is they don't overclock worth anything. Otherwise check out a board with P35/P45, but those are going to be a bit more on the spendy side.

Back