• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lifetime Warranty Only From Visiontek?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see, well tha's certainly not how the warranty reads at this time. Did you still not read it? ;) Maybe it changed since you called them, how long ago was it? Because they also say "VisionTek reserves the right to replace any defective VisionTek product with an equivalent or superior product at VisionTek’s sole discretion." Just like most lifetime warranties they may not carry the exact model any more so they can replace it with another equivalent (in their view which probably isn't the same as ours :p)

I called them early last year.

If they would of offered a new card I might of took it. Since i had the card for a while. I was not upset them saying they simply didn't have the parts to fix it.

At what point does one expect a company not to be able to fix or replace a card. Sure would of been nice to get a newer version though. :D
They helped me and suggested what coolers are good for my card though. So they did support me in a way.

The fan died of old age I guess. There was no manufacturing defects.

Once I got a new cooler. I over clocked the snot out of the card. Still is a very viable and fun card. Good card that to this day functions very well. Just that stupid moving part failed. Myself I was just hoping to get it replaced under warranty, not be enriched by a new card. It only cost me 20 bucks or so to repair it. Which is about what it would of cost for me to send it in to Visiontek anyways.
It is an old AGP card that at one time was the flagship model. Which they also had PCI-e variants I still have lots of love for my X850XT PE..

Last edited:
Back