• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

List of motherboards that support 6 GPUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, it looks like I stand a decent chance of getting my EVGA 762 4-way SLI board to work with all 7 slots. They have an additional chip in it to give it extra PCI-E lanes. Now I just need to figure out if I need Win8 to get it to work, or if I can get by with Win 7.

That is my personal board.
I did not try the presence shorts, but their tech support told me the board will not support more than 4 1X PCI-E devices regardless of the configuration of slots used.

I wouldn't trust their tech support. The 55 is basically a 45 with power/reset buttons on the board. If you'd like to try I can find out which ports I shorted.

also, 6 gpus is possible with 12.8 that is what i am running right now on one of my rigs that has a P6T7 mobo
Yeah, I thought a P6T7 would do that, though I'd never tried it.

And yeah they are ASUS.

Many made fun of em at the time when they came out branded Super-Computer.

Nah, I probably am being myself it's all cool.

Many boards out there I've never used and wouldn't recognize myself off the bat.

:thup:

Is it possible they put in 4 7990 cards? That would be 8 GPUs and only 4 PCI-E slots used.

That is my guess, I saw some people on litecointalk talking about boards that can handle 7-8 GPUs (not cards, but GPUs) via that method with some special drivers.

With unidentified modded drivers.

And your point is? The board works with 6 cards. If you're going to have an accurate list it should be listed as functioning with 6 GPUs, not 4. Most boards and configurations will need special drivers to function with more than 4 GPUs in Windows. Every board you've listed with 5 or more GPUS is using an "unidentified modded driver". :facepalm:

It also works with techpowerup's 13.1 drivers, which is what I used. Microsoft's default drivers in Windows 8 also automagically work with 6 GPUs.

Anyways, MSI Z87-G45/55/65 all support 6 GPUs, possibly 7.

Last edited:
Verified that the EVGA X58 4-Way Classified board (170-BL-E762-A1) works with 6 cards.

Windows 7 pro x64. 13.12 modded drivers.

Screenies:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back