• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little help please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have forgot that I have a Micro Center within driving distance of me and I'm able to get an i7 4790k for the same price that I can get the i5 4670k if I do in-store pickup. However, I've read some bad reviews on that ASRock Fatal1ty board that are making me second guess it...

Would any of you be willing to take a look at Micro Center and help me pick a "good" board for OCing and different Ram? As the Patriot Ram that Micro Center has is CAS 11.

Go figure, they don't have seasonic nor corsair ax/tx models. So a little help with the PSU would be appreciated as well.

I have forgot that I have a Micro Center within driving distance of me and I'm able to get an i7 4790k for the same price that I can get the i5 4670k if I do in-store pickup. However, I've read some bad reviews on that ASRock Fatal1ty board that are making me second guess it...

Would any of you be willing to take a look at Micro Center and help me pick a "good" board for OCing and different Ram? As the Patriot Ram that Micro Center has is CAS 11.

I'm on the job. Back in 10.

EDIT: You definitely want the 4690K over the 4670K. Better onboard VRM, better IHS TIM.

EDIT: Stumped on the PSU

http://www.microcenter.com/product/...860_Watt_Digital_ATX-EPS_Modular_Power_Supply

Apparently Microcenter, on their web store, does have Corsair AX, which you requested. Can you specifiy which store you will be purchasing from?

EDIT: Ok here's a couple of decent boards that are alternatives to that Fatal1ty board

http://www.microcenter.com/product/433130/Z97-Gaming_5_LGA_1150_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

http://www.microcenter.com/product/432990/GA-Z97X-UD5H_LGA_1150_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

http://www.microcenter.com/product/433090/Z97_Extreme_4_LGA_1150_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

The ASRock extreme 4 is definitely an excellent choice (third link). ASRock is definitely a good Brand. I also like ASUS and Gigabyte.

Last edited:
It'd be the Cleveland/Mayfield Heights, OH store.

I did a search for the Corsair AX/TX series PSU's but seems it's only available online... I may just purchase The processor and motherboard from in-store and order the rest of the parts online as it seems a lot of other things are cheaper at online vendors and I have more of a variety... I can however purchase the i7 4790K with the ASRock z97 Extreme 4 in a combo deal in-store for $335. Very nice deal seeing as the i7 alone online is over $300.

I did a search for the Corsair AX/TX series PSU's but seems it's only available online... I may just purchase The processor and motherboard from in-store and order the rest of the parts online as it seems a lot of other things are cheaper at online vendors and I have more of a variety... I can however purchase the i7 4790K with the ASRock z97 Extreme 4 in a combo deal in-store for $335. Very nice deal seeing as the i7 alone online is over $300.

I will forever be envious of people who live near Microcenters. That's an amazing deal. In Canada, I'd pay over $335 JUST for the processor. You got the (quite decent) motherboard thrown in pretty much for free. Great deal. Good buy.

Nice! Im originally from Solon! I miss NE Ohio!! :)

Hey ED, would I be able to chat with you via Skype or msn or something by chance?

Back