• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LLC when using PBO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asryan

Registered
Hi,
i've read somewhere that using LLC3 with PBO could be an issue on long term, "because pbo does not compensates for llc by lowering voltage and 1.5v top voltage bin for pbo plus llc 3 sounds like long term damage. "

Is it confirmed or could I leave it as it is?

Here are my settings for my 5900x / Dark Hero
voltage : auto
core : auto
Per ccx 47 /46 @1.275
Dynamic oc switcher 90amp
PBO limits )
PPT 165W
TDC 120A
EDC 150A
Core boost override : +100mz
Pbo curve : -15 sur les 4 best / -30
+140% cpu capability
LLC3

i've tried LLC auto but even at 1.3, CBR23 was crashing after a moment and i haven't tried higher? Should I?

I have those values on desktop i was told 1.5 was normal when using PBO but i'd rather be sure of it
View attachment 214059

Thanks

Leave it as is... what you quoted doesn't make much sense to me... AFAIK, systems don't compensate for LLC... that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? Think about it for a second.;)

Yeah true lol !

So llc + pbo is ok? And the 1.5v reported isn't an issue as well?

usually when you see those 1.5 spikes it is for single core to allow for the higher clocks. Temps will go up some on them but nowhere near when running all core at lower speeds

Great thanks !

for the per ccx, you have to set up a value for voltage in any case right?

2.jpg

But per core overclocking isn't PBO. It looks like you're trying to use PBO and manual overclock per CCX on top of it? PBO affects all cores and threads. Either way, you're setting up a base voltage, yes.

I have a dark hero board, so i'm using the dynamic oc switch it switch from pbo to all core

Back