• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech MX 700 Cordless Optical Mouse $49 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr B said:
Only problem is...I've gotten so used to having those thumb buttons for "forward" and "back" browser functions, etc...I go hitting the side of non-Mx700 mice expecting them to be there... :p Sweet mouse. ;)

I try to use the scroll wheel on non-scroll wheel mice. It's kinda funny

"Huh? Why isn't it scrol . . . Oh!"

Lag

I'd buy this mouse if I could be certain there was no lag, but I find it hard to believe. I have tried two different cordless mice -- one Logitech (I think the Elite ones referred to earlier) as well as a Microsoft blue something. Both on high-end machines. And in counter-strike and BF 1942 there was horrendous lag.

Re: Lag

grunjee said:
I'd buy this mouse if I could be certain there was no lag, but I find it hard to believe. I have tried two different cordless mice -- one Logitech (I think the Elite ones referred to earlier) as well as a Microsoft blue something. Both on high-end machines. And in counter-strike and BF 1942 there was horrendous lag.

It's lagless. Seriously. Wish we could trade places for a few minutes, so you culd sit here at my desk, fire up UT2003, and see for yourself.

I can't vouch for those two games, but it works great in UT2003. I'd imagine it would be just fine in CS and BF'42.

B.

Well, I just got an email from Carol, saying that the free shipping doesn't extend to Canada, and that they can ship it either USPS or UPS.

USPS hands down. I don't want to get a box of jumbled, broken parts, tyvm ;)

Re: Re: Lag

Mr B said:

It's lagless. Seriously. Wish we could trade places for a few minutes, so you culd sit here at my desk, fire up UT2003, and see for yourself.

I can't vouch for those two games, but it works great in UT2003. I'd imagine it would be just fine in CS and BF'42.

B.

Well thanks for your input Mr B... I take your word for it... if it's lagless in UT2k3 then it should be lagless period. Definitely going to consider this mouse :D

just to mention...i have the elite duo...and i was only using the keyboard for a while because i had a good logitech mouseman usb original....and i love the thing...so i was using the keyboard on usb and the mouse on usb. Then...i got another comp at my house to use for the summer...mostly for gaming...so i used my mouseman on that and the mouse that came with the elite combo for this comp. To start...i had to switch the keyboard back to the keyboard slot and off the usb for the mouse to work (said so in the directions)....then....the mouse has to be run off ps2...and has no usb option. The response time is horrible for counterstrike and most other games....especially ut2k3 and gta3....even in windows i can't stand this mouse...its slow to respond..there is a slight lag time....and it isn't nearly as smooth as any usb mice...even a 10$ optical corded usb is 100x better movement and smoothness than this.

I hope this bias against cordless mice will go away if i decide to get this....its a great deal and i would be willing to try this mouse....lemme just ask a question for those of you who have used the mx500 and 700....is there ANY difference between the actual movement and response time at all?....if there is any whatsoever with the mx700...forget it....but if they honestly compare equally then i might look into it

dragon orb 3 said:

I hope this bias against cordless mice will go away if i decide to get this....its a great deal and i would be willing to try this mouse....lemme just ask a question for those of you who have used the mx500 and 700....is there ANY difference between the actual movement and response time at all?....if there is any whatsoever with the mx700...forget it....but if they honestly compare equally then i might look into it

I have BOTH the MX700 and MX500 .

I use BOTH in heavy online gaming and there is NO LAG what so ever and never has been on any of my current and past systems !!!

Bottom line.... you'll LUV either one , but the MX700 is unbelievably fantastic .

Go for the MX700 , you will not regret it . :D :D :D

stereo555

stereo555 said:

I have BOTH the MX700 and MX500 .

I use BOTH in heavy online gaming and there is NO LAG what so ever and never has been on any of my current and past systems !!!

Bottom line.... you'll LUV either one , but the MX700 is unbelievably fantastic .

Go for the MX700 , you will not regret it . :D :D :D

stereo555

Either one won't let you down in gaming. This mouse has no lag issues, my only reason for using the MX500 when gaming over the MX700 is I don't want to run into a battery 'wear-out' in the middle of Battlefield 1942, but the Mx700 has no lag issues that I could notice.

Silversinksam said:

Either one won't let you down in gaming. This mouse has no lag issues, my only reason for using the MX500 when gaming over the MX700 is I don't want to run into a battery 'wear-out' in the middle of Battlefield 1942, but the Mx700 has no lag issues that I could notice.

How long does the charge last and does it degrade noticeably over time? And how long does it take to charge?

Demont said:

How long does the charge last and does it degrade noticeably over time? And how long does it take to charge?

The charge, if full, will last a few days of moderate use before the red "charge me" light comes on, if you don't put it in the charger. Charging takes a couple of hours...

My usual routine, if you will, is to put it in the charger overnight when the red light starts blinking. When I wake up next morning, it's fully charged and ready to go for a few more days.

B.

Another MX700 DEAL = $44.71 FREE SHIP

Heres another deal for the MX700 (taken from fatwallet) totaling $44.71 and FREE SHIP .

LINKY

I just tried the deal myself (to verify) and it works just fine . :D :D :D

(use "ebates.com" or "fatwallet cash back" for even more savings)

stereo555

Last edited:
I got the MX500 instead of this. I dont' know, I just don't think cordless is as good as corded ones for games. I mean, like during a clan match, when ur teammates are counting on you to get a headshot, would you rather have a corded mouse or cordless one?

But if you don't really game that much, like I'm talking about 8 hours in a row or something, then this looks good. Of course aesthetically the mx700 is better w/o the cord. Either way, I wouldn't pay like 20 extra dollars for cordless.

aka665 said:
I got the MX500 instead of this. I dont' know, I just don't think cordless is as good as corded ones for games. I mean, like during a clan match, when ur teammates are counting on you to get a headshot, would you rather have a corded mouse or cordless one?

But if you don't really game that much, like I'm talking about 8 hours in a row or something, then this looks good. Of course aesthetically the mx700 is better w/o the cord. Either way, I wouldn't pay like 20 extra dollars for cordless.

Have you ever been in a clan match and got your mouse cord tangled up before? I have and talk about catching flak when your teammates find you over humping the wall while you are scrambling to get your cord untangled. Its not fun.

Turd Furguson said:

Have you ever been in a clan match and got your mouse cord tangled up before? I have and talk about catching flak when your teammates find you over humping the wall while you are scrambling to get your cord untangled. Its not fun.

Thats a first. Who has tangled cords anyways? My mouse has never tangled like that before

Turd Furguson said:

You are taking the clan match to far when you start using your corded mouse like a ball and chain :p

DX609_Web_Version.jpg

Back