• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Z-680 and Z-5500 THX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Z-5500 can take abuse and I've run them for over eight hours at loud volume. At least two hours at near max volume, the amp heatsink doesn't get blazing hot either. I've been happy with them since I bought them in April? I forget when I got them, but I've been raving about them to Shard since then and he finally got his heh. If you get a good deal $250 on them, I consider that a steal for what you are getting.

well i see the 5500 look good from the oudside..

i really hope they redesigned the failsafe plug system

gtrdude485 you got the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 right? 1 woofer + 5 subs

w00t I got my Z-5500 today :cool:
The system is very good. I have only tested it with my MP3 player as im still waiting for the gfx card for my PC, but even from a stero connection its great!!! I havent had it on long enough to see a heat problem, I have had it running from about 1/2hr and no heat build up at all.

Just you wait for surround sound :D Your are gonna love it today. I am listening to the system at maybe half volume, and its cuasing a good sized earthquake :D

I have the Z-680's and the Z-5500's. The Z-5500's are a large improvement of course and sound excellant. The sub is awsome and the speakers sound great as well. The Z-680's are also a good choice, they don't sound as good and don't have as much power but they are more then enough for a computer. I currently have them hooked to up a TV and they work great.

I would just like to comment about the phase plug, since I saw it brought up earlier.

. Also, having the sound come from the same source generally improves imaging. Of course the disadvantage is that no single unit speaker setup can be as precise as an individual tweeter/woofer setup.

The problem with 3-way speaker set up's is that often, the midrange is too pronounced or just doesn't fit in with the rest of the music. To fix this problem, switching the phase of the midrange usualy is needed. With widerange drivers, like the logitechs, since the driver produces all the frequencies (excluding sub-range) the phase plug simply fits the midrange with the rest of the sound. With a properly designed speaker, it should have little to no effect on the 'preciseness' of the speaker.

Proof in point, my speakers for my car: Creative Sound (not the same as creative audio) FR125S:
FR125S-IEC-baffle-FR.gif

http://www.creativesound.ca/

also see: lowther speakers http://lowther-america.com/

Back