• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking at getting a netbook...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rollincoaster

Ok so I've been pretty much looking for an all around good netbook to do some stuff on. I will mostly be doing support work, but I want to be able to play a game here and there when I have nothing else to do or when I'm waiting on something like a license to get activated. Some games I'd probably end up playing would be:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Sim City 4
Some flash based games

So far I do like the sounds of this one:

ASUS Eee PC 1015PN-PU17
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SUS_Eee_PC_1015PN-PU17-_-34-220-850-_-Product

Specs:
CPU: Atom N550 1.5 Ghz Dual Core
GPU: Next gen Nvidia ION
RAM: 1GB (will upgrade to 2GB)
HDD: 250 GB (plenty will probably never use more than 50 GB anyways lol)
Bluetooth: 3.0

Any suggestions out there? Budget is around $350 for the netbook itself.

sounds worth the price to me

I have an acer netbook that runs like a champ but it doesn't have a dual core cpu nor can it take more than the 1.5gb of ram it already has

the nvidia chip instead of intels integrated yuck of a gpu is a plus in my book
not that the gpu is of great importance in a system like that but anyway

Yeah the nvidia chip was the driving factor. I know it's not too important, but if it works it works.

Ended up buying it in the combo with Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade and got 2GB of ram to go with it.

Total of $395.69 after shipping.

Yeah the nvidia chip was the driving factor. I know it's not too important, but if it works it works.

Ended up buying it in the combo with Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade and got 2GB of ram to go with it.

Total of $395.69 after shipping.

sounds like a nice deal

Back