• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Co-Op Game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

My girlfriend and I both game but there aren't many things we can play together. I'm wondering if there are any games we can play over LAN. She hates playing against me in games, so I'm wondering if there are any co-op games. I know I can do WarcraftIII and do a single battle over lan, but I'm looking for something with a storyline. RPG is a plus, she isn't really into RTS or FPS games.

Any suggestions?

MMO and use Vent or TS? When I played WoW there were plenty of couples who gamed together...

We live in the same apartment.

I think what I'm asking for is something link Neverwinter Nights 2. Except I want to play co-op through the single player, over-lan.

That help at all?

I know that Neverwinter Nights itself allowed for Co-op of the SP game. I would assume NWN2 allows it as well. Another that I can think of, a slightly older, but still great game, is Baldur's Gate 2. Has a co-op mode as well.

I know that Neverwinter Nights itself allowed for Co-op of the SP game. I would assume NWN2 allows it as well. Another that I can think of, a slightly older, but still great game, is Baldur's Gate 2. Has a co-op mode as well.

I looked up NWN2 but I'd have to buy 2 copies of the game for us to play together on seperate machines. Most games allow a few instances for LAN multiplayer, but not NWN2. That and I don't think her computer can play it.

I looked up NWN2 but I'd have to buy 2 copies of the game for us to play together on seperate machines. Most games allow a few instances for LAN multiplayer, but not NWN2. That and I don't think her computer can play it.

Nearly all games require a second copy to play the game on 2 systems at one time. Its in the EULA. Few of them like Totalannihilation, Age of Empires, and think older command and conquers and such games only required 1 copy to play up to X ammount of players.

Lego Star Wars I & II make for quite fun co-op. But I think only in the same machine though! Still a blast!

Is there a way to do Co-Op (storyline) in WC3? I know you can do skirmishing and such, but I didn't know you could do the storyline too.

No. But there are RPG-type custom maps out there. However, they are mostly designed for several players, so the 2 of you might find them harder.

NWN2 allows coop and like previously said, nearly all games require multiple copies per machine. There are some older games that only require a disc to load the game, then you can swap them. Diablo2 has some .mpq files (I think thats the extension) that if you copy them to the Diablo2 directory, it will not utilize the cd. This is how my brothers, father and I use to play it and the Serious Sam games back in the day, which is another great series. Fighting hordes of enemies over and over.

NWN1 has TONS of expansions that will keep you busy for a long time. Look for the NWN Diamond or Platinum editions.

NWN2 is a system hog and is more linear than the original, but still a solid story. Make sure you both have high end machines.

Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale series. Another set to keep you busy forever. Came before NWN games and has solid storylines and tons of quests to do.

Gears of War. Recently released...high system requirements. Some bugs I hear.

Rainbow 6 Vegas. Don't spend a lot of money on it as the Coop is the only decent part about it. However, the game is buggy...a system hog and the coop isn't that fun to play through multiple times with the same people. There are older R6 games better received than Vegas...all with coop modes.

Splinter Cell CHAOS Theory. The coop mode in this is REALLY FUN and the missions are really long and will have you autosaving/loading over and over as teamwork is required! However, there is only a handful of missions. The game is cheap and has low system requirements, but your faster computers will enjoy great visuals as well.

DOOM3. There's a coop mod for it called Last Man Standing out there. I never played it more than a few minutes....just like DOOM3 itself.

Halflife 1. Svencoop is the most popular coop mod ever. Brings a lot out of the original game. Although I don't think you actually do the campaign together. But they have tons of custom made maps.

Last edited:
Back