• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a component...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueWraith

Anyone know where I can find a subminiature (on)-off-(on) switch? I need 8 spdt and 2 dpdt switches. Circuit board type, preforably.. but solder lug will work as well. If not subminiature, miniature would work as well. An idea is brewing in my head right now and things can be changed super easy. :D

Also I need some 9 conductor telephone wire, round jacket. It had to be round... and flexiable. I've found 8, but with the double throw switches I need a 9th... More then 9 is useable, and might be considered for upgrades to the unit... Hmm...

www.directron.com has huge selection too. also I have a catalog for a company that does nothing but make switches.. ill post the name/site when I get home. fully customize too, havent ordered from them yet though.

Found the switches I'll be using, but I'm still in search for some wireing. I found a 22g/10c and it might work, but i'll have to get my hands on a sample to be able to tell. Needs to be flexiable....

Almost used Cat5 and RJ-45 connectors, but since I need a 9th wire... and I dont wanna pay the price for a 10 conductor crimper... i'll just settle for something less techy.

Mind telling us what you're making? (I'm guessing it's maybe a switchbox for EDITED, I don't want anyone taking my idea till I'm done with this big mod.... ;) )

Oh.. I guess I did forget to mention what its for. :)
Its going to be used for air-ride equiped vehicals. The switchboxes on the market now are huge and very hard to activate the switch.. the smaller the switch(with relays of course) the easier it is to use, and the smaller size makes it a novelty.

Back