• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minlian

Hello, this is my first post and I don't know if I'm posting in the right section. I have Phenom II X6 1090T with Asus M4A785T-M mobo, 8Gigs of RAM at 1333MHz and I'm running Windows 7 ultimate. I was hoping that one of you could suggest me a good mobo as I felt that my proccy's full potential is not being used. I blamed my mobo. I would prefer ASUS mobo with 890, 880 or 870 chipset. I don't know which chipset would serve me best. I'm currently using my comp for editing and transcoding music videos. I would also like to overclock my cpu at 3.6GHz if it can be done only by increasing the multiplier and I don't wanna mess with the voltage settings. Please help.

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Since you seem not to intend to go Bulldozer cpu which really needs 9xx chipset board, that one above has some neat features in my eyes.

Usb 3.0, Sata 6 and an eSata port thru the back panel.

Note: will not do true CrossfireX if you intend to run 2 dedicated video cards. Because the second long video card slot is not x8 or greater.

I got an idea. Instead of a 890 chipset board, buy a 990FX motherboard and keep your 1090T. This way if you decide to buy a Piledriver CPU (which should be out next year) you will be ready for it.

ASUS makes the best boards IMO, but Gigabyte makes some great ones too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

It's gonna cost $30 - $40 more over that M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, but I think it's the better route.

Just my 2 cents.

ok! if AMD is making a new processor, then its worth to go for the 990FX chipset. thanks alot

Back