• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for high performance anti vibration fan!HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aya90

Hi there i am having trouble with my existing cooler master fans , although they can go up to 2600rpm but they vibrate very loud even on the middle setting .

i am looking for high performance fan and does not vibrate that loud

is Scythe Gentle Typhoon any good ?

You can place rubber grommets between the case and fan to isolate the vibration...

Otherwise, there must be something wrong with the fan if its vibrating that much. Is it one fan or all?

Gentle typhoons are solid fans.

Hi there i am having trouble with my existing cooler master fans , although they can go up to 2600rpm but they vibrate very loud even on the middle setting .

i am looking for high performance fan and does not vibrate that loud

is Scythe Gentle Typhoon any good ?

A fan is supposed to be balanced. If it vibrates severely it's broken.
Gentle Typhoons are definitely good.

Gentle Typhoons are very good if mounted properly. Noctua are excellent and rubber mounted extremely quiet. Noctua do cost a little more.

Actually i found out what cause it to vibrate.

It was the radiator , i think is too heavy or something and it cause the vibration

Actually i found out what cause it to vibrate.

It was the radiator , i think is too heavy or something and it cause the vibration
:shrug:

The heavier something is, the less likely it is to vibrate b/c of a fan. Why dont you just get some rubber washers instead of buying all new fans?

higher cfm = better ?
Higher CFM = more air flow... so in short, yes.

I like Yate Loons. Quiet and push a fair amount of air.

higher cfm = better ?

Arctic F12 ??

You get what you pay for. Those are cheap fans.
I tried lots of fans and ended up with high power Deltas for my air cooled setup. They're very loud at full rpm but when they're throttled down to 1000-ish speeds they're really quiet and still push good amounts of air. And I have a lot of margin for running Prime (which I don't usually do.) Plus high speed fans don't vibrate - they have to have good bearings and be balanced.
All that assumes that they're automatically PWM controlled by temperature, down to 20%. "Quiet" fans are quiet because they run slow. Any PWM fan can run slow.

With Rads you can either go Low Static Pressure with High Flow (normally loud) or High Static Pressure with Low Flow (Normally Quiet (GT's))

+9000 on GT's

Back