• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for some BAMF audio performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creecher

well. im gettin a new i7 rig, so let the gaming begin. i want to get a good pair of headphones, i mean like really really good, like top of the line good. also, im definitely gonna need a good sound card.

im thinking this for a sound card,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image... Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card Cheaper would be much appreciated. VERY MUCH. around 100 would be preferred.

im looking at the G35's for a headset. they look BA, and they look comfortable.

what they need to have
BIG head
maybe noise cancellation.(gonna have 2 'mega fast' delta's)
mic
AMAZING audio quality.

dont care about price. with in reason thou, of course.

any suggestions?

Do you even need a sound card for the G35? I think it's one of those USB headsets isn't it?

Im feelin the a-40, but it didnt review the G35?
sound card?

I can't comment on the A40 headset, but I really like the mixamp and I built my own headset. The mixamp does Dolby decoding so if you have optical (TOSLINK) or electrical digital (SPDIF) from the motherboard you might be able to avoid a soundcard.

Also I should mention that you could buy a soundcard, a nice set of headphones and a stand mic for about the same price and perhaps have better audio quality because you can always purchase newer/better headphones. Mic technology hasn't really changed in years. From experience, if you use a 'push to talk' for chatting you'll be fine. I find that since I use the MixAmp for my 360 as well I couldn't have the mic just sit on my desk because the voice activation requires that I literally SHOUT into the mic to be heard. (So I built a headset with a side mounted mic, but that is another story)

Last edited:
Back