• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for sound card advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colt1911

Registered
I just built my new system and bought a set of Logitech Z5500's . I 'd like to get a good all around sound card preferably a PCI-E interface. I 'm using Vista 64 and Windows 7 Beta as an OS if that matters.If someone could suggest a card I'd appreciate it very much. I have no experience with sound cards and have always used on- board sound, so this is why I'm asking for help. Thanks

Sound card advice also...

Hi all.. i need help on what sound card to use on a logitech z5500 system and i was just wondering what sound card do i need if i just want to play music... im not looking to spend over $45 dollers on one.. im pretty sure i do need one because i have a Asus M2N-MX SE+ and there is no gray port so please help Please reply asap.. Thanks

I just built my new system and bought a set of Logitech Z5500's . I 'd like to get a good all around sound card preferably a PCI-E interface. I 'm using Vista 64 and Windows 7 Beta as an OS if that matters.If someone could suggest a card I'd appreciate it very much. I have no experience with sound cards and have always used on- board sound, so this is why I'm asking for help. Thanks
PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium FTW:clap:

Hi all.. i need help on what sound card to use on a logitech z5500 system and i was just wondering what sound card do i need if i just want to play music... im not looking to spend over $45 dollers on one.. im pretty sure i do need one because i have a Asus M2N-MX SE+ and there is no gray port so please help Please reply asap.. Thanks
PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card FTW

PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium FTW:clap:

I've heard that there are driver issues with the creative cards while using Vista or Windows 7 ? Can some one confirm this before I make my purchase? Or perhaps there is a better card out there. Thanks

Unless you need the hardware to process game sounds, etc I would just use onboard until you get better speakers.

I've heard that there are driver issues with the creative cards while using Vista or Windows 7 ? Can some one confirm this before I make my purchase? Or perhaps there is a better card out there. Thanks
Do you play games, if so the X-FI card will have EAX 5.0, on board sound only has EAX2.0.

Creative sells a but load of retail and OEM sound cards vista or windows 7 will work.:)

You won't be able to tell the difference with a better card.:(

You have to use the Creative ALchemy for older games using vista and windows 7.

ALchemy

Features
Enables DirectSound3D game's audio to be processed by your Sound Blaster Audigy or Sound Blaster X-Fi to deliver EAX effects, 3D audio, sample rate conversion and hardware audio mixing on Windows Vista.

Software update feature to download latest list of games supported by Creative ALchemy.

Here is a game listings.
LINK: http://connect.creativelabs.com/alchemy/Lists/Games/AllItems.aspx

If your not gaming just use onboard sound you won't notice a difference.:beer:

Back