• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for stable posts on Q8300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1.8v is jdec spec which means that ram will be able to work in any motherboard. oc'd ram or ones with tighter timings will prolly be using higher voltage. i got some DDR2-800 in my ip35-pro running on 2.1v as they are rated. if your ram has a heatspreader, then going up to around 2v shouldnt be a problem. do keep in mind that not all ram ic's like voltage increases at all. i had some vaule micron ram that didnt like to go over 1.9v and it would cause the computer not to boot. when it did boot if over 1.9v memtest86 returned alot of errors. 1.9v and lower not having any issues, that was when i was testing to see how far it would go. it was DDR2-533 or 667 specced ram but with 1.9v and same timings it would do DDR2-900 speeds with no issue. just something to keep in mind.

Attempted 1.85v and OCCT found errors on CPU3 4min into testing and p95 had [[FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4]] on CPU1 11min into testing.

I currently have some OCZ and some value Patriot sticks. And so far at 375fsb, no ram volt increase, everything is stable--test wise and during gaming.

what size is it erroring out at? that is the main thing, as with the size if it falls into the L2 size, the cpu needs more voltage. if not and your doing blend it could fall into the ram/imc.

as you see below this is a custom run i would do for prime95 to make sure the cpu is the only thing stressed. as the i7 has much less L2 then a Core2 cpu, you will need to use a higher vaule in the max box.

Attachments

• primecustome.jpg
    primecustome.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 33
Set DRAM to 1.85, unlinked 378fsb RAM 800mhz, p95 shows errors in CPU1+2 instantly testing FFT 1024k.

*DRAM 1.85, linked 1:1 375fsb posted but p95 shows errors in CPU2 in FFT 1024k. (using your test and max FFT 2048k)
*AI 20% OC posts but bluescreens before windows loads

Should I do anything to NB volts? I've read a lot of Q8300 OCs with 1.5 for NB, and with different memory timings.

Stable: 375fsb unlinked RAM 800mhz VCore 1.3 DRAM 1.85
366fsb AI 10% OC Vcore stays around 1.26v

Last edited:
memory timings is going to depend on your ram so what you read about that really doesnt matter. since it sounds like your running the ram at spec using the unlinked option on the nv board. yes go ahead and add a bit more nb voltage to see if that might help get a higher fsb for the cpu.

Back