• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to buy an average, cheap, gaming laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

Im looking to buy a laptop off of newegg or somewhere else online. Anywhere from 400-650$ cost. Im looking for a laptop with the best gaming performance at that price. Anything with a half way decent graphics card will do. Could I get a few links of my best options from you guys? Im not very familiar with laptop hardware performance/price.

Gaming laptop at that price. I would suggest budgeting and waiting and buying a more $$$ laptop.

What games would you like to play on it?

High end laptop graphics are usually about equal to mid range desktop graphics except they are only available from a few manufacturers and are $1200+.

You might be able to get something decent if it is a cancel/return/refurb. Dell and Lenovo have outlet sales a lot. BestBuy can have some good open box deals.

If it is just light gaming maybe an AMD A10-4600m would do.

You'd be surprised how well an Intel 4000HD can handle some games... albeit at low-mid settings. I'm talking about Skyrim (which was playable on my HD3000 Intel GPU). It may handle BF3, but I cannot say for sure.

If you want a dedicated nVidia GPU, then I'd look at used laptops.

Im looking to buy a laptop off of newegg or somewhere else online. Anywhere from 400-650$ cost. Im looking for a laptop with the best gaming performance at that price. Anything with a half way decent graphics card will do. Could I get a few links of my best options from you guys? Im not very familiar with laptop hardware performance/price.

a friend of mine just got a HP Envy for $630 from Best Buy with an A10-4600m APU. He's gaming on high/ultra settings, it looks smooth as silk. overall this is a sweet laptop. probably worth a look. Not a fan of the HD, but at that price the whole package is a steal (the battery life is insane).

Sorry to say Cheap is not the way to go because you wont then get what YOU WANT and whats best! So just put all your money together or save and then get something GREAT!

Farewell my brothers, and good luck!

Sorry to say Cheap is not the way to go because you wont then get what YOU WANT and whats best! So just put all your money together or save and then get something GREAT!

Farewell my brothers, and good luck!

Says the guy who buying parts for his pc build simply because there is a combo that let's him save $15 on parts he otherwise wouldn't want.

I really can't yet determine if you're a troll or dumb..

+1 to an HP Envy.

Very decent price / performance ratio and I have always had good luck with HP's laptop reliability.

Back