• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop order!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essadqi

Registered
Hi girls an guys,

My question is really simple, which loop will provide the best cooling performance? Here is the data and a picture.

Components to be cooled:
CPU (will be overclocked)
Two GPU's (will be overclocked)
Motherboard

Loop components:
All rads are 480 mm
The pump is high performance
All blocks are high flow certified, so no restriction

Your help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 433
Thanks a lot mate!! I know four rads is a bit too much!! But as we say in french customer is king!! I'm starting a new business aside and it's my first order so if he wants to go overkill I say bring it on..

Last edited:
I agree with my colleague, and I would discuss to the customer he wasting cash which would benefit him using that extra savings into something else that is needed.

I know and I told him so!! I even told him that one 480mm or two 240mm are enough the answer was that it was nice of me but that was what he wanted and that it was his money!! Since I'm only paid for putting together all the components I ended up shutting my mouth..

Two important things I forgot to mention, his CPU an i7 6700k will be overclocked to 5.0GHz/1.55V and the two GPU's will have a custom bios and will run at 1650MHz some exterme overclocking. Are four 480mm rads still too much?

Last edited:
First of all 1.55v to a 6700K is fatal. That CPU will not last 3 months with that much voltage. My 7700k @ 5.0Ghz only requires 1.3v for 24/7 operation. 4x 480mm rads is again overkill. I have 2x 480 rads and only using one for a single CPU loop. I plan on adding a GPU block and a single 480mm rad is more than enough. Heat doesn't kill a CPU as it has a thermal safety shutdown as does the motherboard's bios. High voltage will kill it.

Rule of thumb for watercooling is 120mm of rad per 100w of heat.

Thanks for the clarification!! Keep in mind that I have the same CPU and this thing is sucking in 1.47V at stock speed with OCCT on full load!!

The funds saved from 2 480s, I would use to upgrade and grab a better CPU, MB, RAM, M.2 SSDs or case. Did I forget about RGBs?! Get that instead.

There are so many angles to go about this. You have to SELL it to the client and show them ideas and examples of other builds with not that many rads.

Again, you could go 2-3 rads TOPs. Going with 3 imo would surely hit diminishing returns. 4 is just well, guaranteed a waste. Use those funds wisely on other upgrades.

And to answer your question, I'd go with C. Just have the flow go to the CPU first since they're more sensitive than the GPUs even with the slightest degrees.

oh, good gawd, if the customer wants 10 480 rads to cool a Sempron, that's a good thing, and he should get it.
give me a set of specs and a proper budget and I'll build it for you.
we built one speced for 1400 rw hp/ 970 lb/ft torque, all the rubber inside the flares, that gave us a grad total of 640mm of rubber on the rear.
he's happy, I'm VERY HAPPY!!!! the thing is so over powered a kid on roller skates can beat him to the 60 foot mark but , we are so HAPPY!!!!!!

oh, yea, all I care about is radiator, reservoir, pump as far as loop order goes.

Back