• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low 2001 and Cpu Scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Indyxc1

Hey guys,

I seem to be having a problem with my cpu/ram as far as 3dmark. In 3dmark 01 I can only score 24,XXX which is decent, but it seems like it should be higher for my setup:

Cpu: 3.2E @ 4166 260FSB
Mem: 1gb Dual channel OCZ DDR 550 running at 260fsb
Board: IC7-G bios 27
Video card: 6000NU Unlocked

Here is 01:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8273860

3dmark 03 score is ok, since it's more video card oriented, but I've been looking at other peoples cpu scores, and even with slower p4s they are beating me, which translates closely to 3dmark 01 scores. The chip is watercooled and temps are good, so it's not throttling. Memory timing is 2.5-3-3-6, so not bad either.

Here is 03. Notice the low cpu mark scores:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3409691

Thanks
Indyxc

Trying new drivers for the video card won't fix the cpu isssue. It's still running slow. I tried to update the chipset drivers. Didn't change much.

Doing some compares at the orb with other CPU's of your speed only shows that your natre score is low. your lobby,and car scores appear inline with the others. but there natures are way higher. which is all vid card.

Also judging by the CPU score in 03 is not always a good benchmark, as it can be influenced by other factors. I say this cus I have seen the same CPU OC react differently to different cards, and card OC's. with score difference of over 300 points.

Hey Indy, I've got nearly identical components so I did a quick test at your settings except for the 6800 core speed which was stuck at 400mhz, a bit lower than yours (rivatuner RC15.2 is a bit buggy with the new 66.93 drivers and keeps throttleing even with the stock cooler!)

24,331pts

Looks like your score is spot on compared to mine, unfortunatley our rigs are never gonna compete with the A64's in 2k1. My best score with with 66.81s 425/910mhz was around 26,8xxpts. Even my 9800 could break 26k, our rigs have become the bottleneck with the 6800 especially in 2k1.

Now for 2k3 we have similar scores again but for CPU test 1 in which you are 25fps down on my score. Have you got any processes running whilst you bench? Try running in diagnostic mode via msconfig with just the nvidia and whatever OC software you have running.

12,587pts

In both scores I seem to be a little behind but that would account for my core being 8mhz less especially in 2k3.

I tried to post all this the other day but IE crashed and couldn't be bothered to type it all up again! Why is it whenever you forget to copy & paste b4 hitting the send button something always goes wrong!

bt

Back