• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

low 3dmark06 score with 8800GTX?...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mrr.guy

Hey guys. Well i just got an 8800gtx today and hooked her up.
Ive had tons of problems with drivers currently using 97.92 for XP.
In the 3dmark06 demo at stock speeds, i only scored 9680. I only have an e6400 at 2.5ghz..but even so isnt <10k low for my system?
If anyones wondering im using a 55w sunbeam PSU.

Thanks guys!

Edit! I have gotten a Thermaltake Touchpower 750W and my 3dkarm06 score jumped to 10137 alone!

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultanalyzer.jsp?projectType=14&XLID=0&UID=8628647

Last edited:
no its not low its right where its sposed to be

you need 3.4ghz not to bottleneck that card with that chip, then you'll see 11k-12k

ya thats about right.... with my e6600 @ 3.0ghz and my 8800gts at 600/1900 i grab 9960 pts.

Like others have said... get your cpu to like 3.0ghz (shouldnt be hard) and u will start to see that score go up quite a bit.

a c2d cpu to be at least 3.2 actually

but for most gaming playing at 1680x1050 or 1600x1200 or eleviates the bottleneck

cr0ss said:
so wait a 8800gts or a gtx requires the cpu to be atlesat 3.0 ghz!?!?

Hes saying that below 3.0ghz the cpu is holding back the video card, at least in 3dmark. In real gaming it depends on the game/resolution/etc...

the 8800's are sl*ts like that. with my D920 @ 3.7Ghz i still only grab 8187 in 3Dmark06. with i get my e4300 that will be a good day. man.....

Rattle said:
no its not low its right where its sposed to be

you need 3.4ghz not to bottleneck that card with that chip, then you'll see 11k-12k
B.S. 06 give higher score but fps don't increase once you get pass 2.6ghz with c2d on resolution 1280x1024. It even becomes less cpu dependent on higher res.

BS my *** look around, actually try grabbing one and doing it yourself ! noone benches at other than stock res.
I also did mention that it becomes less cpu dependant in games at higher res, but hes not talking about games and higher res, hes talking about 06 so I told him the truth as others also backed up. I just didnt want others to worry that dont have c2d's cuz outside of benchmarks playing games at a higher res there's no difference.

Look at people at 3.2 and up they are the ones at 11k-12k with stock cards in 06

Rattle said:
BS my *** look around, actually try grabbing one and doing it yourself ! noone benches at other than stock res.
I also did mention that it becomes less cpu dependant in games at higher res, but hes not talking about games and higher res, hes talking about 06 so I told him the truth as others also backed up. I just didnt want others to worry that dont have c2d's cuz outside of benchmarks playing games at a higher res there's no difference.

Look what you write
you need 3.4ghz not to bottleneck that card with that chip,

cr0ss said:
im only grabing 9400 on 3dmark06 with my stupid amd x2. is my cpu bottlenecking my v-card?

Probably. But that doesn't mean you should chuck it or anything. It's still a good processor and I doubt you would see serious gains from upgrading. There was a thread around here awhile agi where they attempted to determind if an x2 was a serious bottleneck for an 8 series card. From what I gathered, they still saw impressive results.

yeah in benchmarks like 05 and 06 you need that to get get highest score even with stock gtx, at least 3.2 so whats are you saying exactly whats your argument do you have a point meionm? have you ever actually played with a 8800 of anykind ?

CrazyIrish said:
Probably. But that doesn't mean you should chuck it or anything. It's still a good processor and I doubt you would see serious gains from upgrading. There was a thread around here awhile agi where they attempted to determind if an x2 was a serious bottleneck for an 8 series card. From what I gathered, they still saw impressive results.

well i was plaining to upgrade to intel once they slashed the prices. and i cant oc anymore with the x2 thats the max i can go.

Haha alright guess not.
Im only clocked at 2.5 because i have a p5n32 sli se mobo from asus, its an older/earlier NF4 chipset and wont overclock past an fsb of 310 or so.
did let me oc my pc5400 ram to 800mhz fine though..Gah i want a new motherboard. P5b is my lover!

Oh and yeah, it doesnt matter with gaming i guess though.
I have a 22inch acer monitor with a native res of 1680x1050, so the cpu clock doesnt matter as much correct? Or would a new mobo still help?
when i bought my comp i got a DS3, but it was DOA, i got impatient and bought this board locally i know bad move huh.

-Just a side note, what drivers are you guys running with your G80s? I cant use any Vista driver above 100.59 without it doing the whole graphics driver stopped responding but has recovered thing. And in XP all drivers for me keep crashing, ive tried the disk'ed driver, the 97.92, and 97.95. I get the bue screen in CSS alot! =(

XP and Vista, im dualbooting.
XP for games and benchmarking, vista for fun and stuff and because i love it oh so much more then xp.

edit, just tryed running fear after i installed it. right after the loading screen i got a blue screen and my computer restarted.it hates mee.
By the way, both operating systems are clean installations.

Back