• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M4N78 Audio Static..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

niffer022

Registered
I bought a new mobo 2 days ago and since then iv been fighting a loosing battle trying to figure out whats causing the static coming from my Mic..

Things iv tried..

A differant headset.
Moving External HDD and speakers away.
Disconnecting my cooling fans.
Removing my 8800gt.
Iv tried an old pci sound card.
Rerouting any wires i can.

None of the above have worked.. I use ventrilo and need my mic.

All drivers are upto date with the lastest from the makers of each bit of hardware..

Any idea's?

So your getting static on your mic, both when using the Mobo input, and when using a sound card.
That points to the mic but in "using a different headset" which I assume means a different mic, you've eleminated that possibilty. the only thing I can think of left is some sort of interference, is there a microwave or something like that nearby??? Do you possibly have a grounding issue? Could it be yuor software?

First of all thanks for the reply :)

Yes iv used a differant headset with build on Mic.. Funny you should mention microwave as i am actually playing in the kitchen. But the microwave is roughly about 8 feet away from the PC.. The only closest electrical device that doesnt belong to the PC is the fridge with is about 3-4 feet away..

The PC is in the exact same postion it was before the mobo change the other day, and i never had any problems with it then. But saying that the old mobo didnt have HD sound (If that makes any differance).

How do i go about grounding the machine?

The software for the audio is as upto date as i can get it. Driver released on 15-12-2009. Iv tried older drivers too but it was just the same.

Oh and i have updated my bios too with the latest just now and it didnt make any differance.

Again thanks so far..

Sometimes it's possible that appliances can cause interference when they're running, I know a lot of sound cards have shields to try and prevent it. I'm not sure if the HD sound makes a difference.
In grounding I mean is part of your motherboard touching part of the case that it shouldn't be? It's possible that it's signals are being altered by a contact with the case where there shouldn't be.
I'd try moving to a different room, just to see if it's the appliances, I'm not sure if that's the issue, but it seems possible to me. Aside from that, (which is mostly just guessing at possible problems) I'm stumped.
The fact that it's only this mobo makes me think that's the problem, but using an PCI soundcard countenances that. I hope you manage to get this sorted out soon, I know how frustrating these problems can be.

Ill move it into another room later on when the kids are in bed. And if that fails to sort it, ill try and reseat the mobo again just to make sure..

Thanks for the help so far, been banging my head agains the wall for last 2 days now and its nice to get some helpful hints from others..

Thanks

It's always frustrating when you've got that one little bug that you just can't figure out. Not long ago I couldn't get my PC to turn on. I tried everything. EVERYTHING. Then I realized my power bar was turned off.
Needless to say I felt like an idiot for quite a while after that, but I've learned not to assume anything, and to check everything, no matter how silly it seems.

Well i dont know what i did but its fixed. Or should i say its fixed its self as i havent touched the pc since we last spoke lol

I think my pc is haunted :cry:

Back