• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A99FX PRO R2 no boot device

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I actually had to buy an OS. All I had was upgrades. Bought win8.

Problem is that DVD player will not recognize disks. But it worked to load OS. Audio disk work.
ND-3650a player.
Is sata port set wrong? White or brown sata connector? AHCI?
Not sure what's going on.

Page #39 of manual >> AMD® Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors (7-pin SATA6G_1-6 [brown])
These connectors connect to Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s hard disk drives via Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s signal cables.
These connectors are set to [AHCI Mode] by default. If you intend to create a Serial ATA RAID set using these connectors, set the SATA Mode item in the BIOS to [RAID Mode]. Refer to section 3.5.4 SATA Configuration for details.

When using hot-plug and NCQ, set the SATA Mode in the BIOS to [AHCI Mode]. Refer to section 3.5.4 SATA Configuration for details.

Page #40 of manual >> JMicron® JMB362 Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s connectors (7-pin SATA3G_E1/E2 [black])
These connectors connect to Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s hard disk drives and optical disc drives via Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s signal cables.

I copied all of that from your motherboard manual. I use AHCI on any Sata drive. I would put the optical drive where the manual says to put it on page #40.

As a reminder, I now have the sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard.
Page 1-29 calls gray connectors, ASMedia serial ata 6.0 gb/s connectors.

Page 1-28 calls brown connectors, AMD serial ata 6.0 FB/s connectors.

I will try it on the ASMedia connector

As a reminder, I now have the sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard.
Page 1-29 calls gray connectors, ASMedia serial ata 6.0 gb/s connectors.

Page 1-28 calls brown connectors, AMD serial ata 6.0 FB/s connectors.

I will try it on the ASMedia connector

FREEKEN dang asus website would not let me search for an R2.0 board and n0t having one I could only assume they were more alike than different. All aside I would guess either manual would speak roughly the same just the colors and added sata controller have changed.

Back