• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG MAD MAX / FURY ROAD TRIBUTE CUSTOM PC BUILD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks don!!!

Had some time yesterday to get more progress in. The larger Black Ice Nemesis GTX 80mm radiator may have won me over, instead of the scale appropriate generic radiator I was considering. It also allows options for different compression fittings, versus the welded inlet/outlet ports. I've mounted the classic aluminum framed Evercool 80mm fan. I'll probably paint the fan dark grey.

80mm-pc-watercool-radiator-alphacool-hardware-labs-aluminum-fan-one.jpg

80mm-pc-watercool-radiator-alphacool-hardware-labs-aluminum-fan-two.jpg

80mm-pc-watercool-radiator-alphacool-hardware-labs-aluminum-fan-three.jpg

80mm-pc-watercool-radiator-alphacool-hardware-labs-aluminum-fan-four.jpg

Exceptional...awesome...amazing...None of the usual superlatives are up the task on this one. Just sitting here with my jaw in my lap. :popcorn:

Thank you for tuning in!

I just might fabricate a hood as well. I made scale vette stingray cowl duct hood in 2005 with sheet metal and body filler

cpu_magazine_asus_msi_zotac_corvette_stingray_mnpctech.jpg

Yesterday I cut the top panel further so I could rotate the 80mm radiator onto it's side. It just protruded too much. I want the supercharger and blower to be more of the focal point, just a little OCD? maybe... haha

small-scale-mad-max-engine-falcon-V8.jpg

The Max mod is consuming my bench space, haha. Last night I cut opening in the 5.25 bay to route the tubing from the 80mm radiator

mnpctech-workshop-bench-case-mod.jpg

mnpctech-workshop-bench-case-mod-minneapolis.jpg

Bill, your cuts are so clean. What do you use to cut out the circle? Mine are usually, well, not as round. LOL

Last edited:
I did that with hole saw, it's not worth the time to setup mill for one hole....haha

Do you guys keep the factory fans you pull from cases? I honestly ask myself why I keep them?

factory-pc-fan-collection-drawers-mnpctech2.jpg

factory-pc-fan-collection-drawers-mnpctech3.jpg

factory-pc-fan-collection-drawers-mnpctech1.jpg

Let me see if I can get a phone number for one of the producers of Horders. :rofl:

I end up using even my cheap fans on other projects until they die. Sometimes that project is just to thrash old fans.

Only the ones that are worth keeping. I see Corsair and Phanteks in there. Decent fans.

Haha, the bottom drawer fans are JUNK... those can go!

Ditched the scoop on scale V8 and making the Scott Superslot fuel injector scoop from Max's V8. I started out by making the top and bottom portions from acrylic, but getting the 45 angle degree bend from acrylic is "challenging" without the acrylic warping. I ditched that idea and made another bottom half from 20 gauge sheet metal. Which reminded me I really need a new bending brake. The two pieces are joined together with Scotchweld DP-190 epoxy. I need to make the base next, and maybe add the fuel lines.

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-1.jpg

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-one.jpg

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-FIVE.jpg

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-FOUR.jpg

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-six.jpg

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-nine.jpg

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-eight.jpg

I wanted to post some witty comment but I feel this just sums it up better. I have been watching this one since you first posted. All I do every time I scroll through the pictures is smile. The hood scoop is fantastic! Maybe a hand cuff with a half sawed off hand? Love it so far. :D :thup:

Last edited:
Cool suggestion, I like details like that, Thank you!

Painted the engine and injector air scoop silver alum

mad-max-falcon-engine-scale-model-v8-four.jpg

mad-max-falcon-engine-scale-model-v8-three.jpg

mad-max-falcon-engine-scale-model-v8-two.jpg

mad-max-falcon-engine-scale-model-v8-one.jpg

Back