• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mainboard Albatron KI690-AM2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bvd

Mainboard Albatron KI690-AM2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a mainboard KI690-AM2 with an AMD Athlon Dual Core processor 4850e, with 2GB (2*1GB) memory installed.

I want to switch over to Windows 7, 64 bits and extend the memory to 4GB (2*2GB). According the supplier specification 2GB is the maximum memory capacity.

However, I did read several reseller specifications of this memory where is stated 4GB max memory capacity. Or is this NOT done.

Has any one experience with installing 4GB main memory on this board.
As windows 7, 64 bit installation requires 2GB mimimum, I am doubting whether the install procedure can cause a hangup situation.

I can't find anything to back it up, but I reckon that will be a limit of 2 GB per stick, so 4 GB. It might not accept 4GB sticks, whereas newer computers will take 4 GB and 8 GB sticks.

Back