• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Man O'erboard!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There be two lines so it'll be spared from me blade!! As fer water... I have enough o' it around me ship I don't be thinkin' I need it in me tower too. Arr! Tis a fine idea though. Me system might be fine for an overclock but I'm just a goldfish in that ocean. Where does a scallywag like me start if he wants to o'erclock?

Captain Hook

Tis good to hear that a powersupply be spared a trip to the briny deep.

For overclockin' yer system, might I suggest a trip around the different subforums around here? Not as far as East India, but twice as interesting! Just remember, no raiding parties after 5pm (unless it involves yer hard drives).

Aye matey! That's a mighty fine suggestion. I must say, yer wit might be sharper than me sword!

Captain Hook

Captain Hook said:
As for having only the 120mm fans would that be because the 80mm fans are noisier than firin' off a broadside at a Spanish galleon? Well three decks o' guns be loud so maybe them fans aren't that loud. Do them 120s just move air more efficiently and quietly?

Captain Hook

120mm fans can push the same amount of air at a lower rpm compared to a 80mm fan. Lower rpm means quieter. It can also push more air at the same rpm.

Captain Hook said:
Hmm.. Well a mid tower would suit me tastes, one with decent cooling that doesn't wake the dead with racket. That 600w psu looks like a fine piece o' loot too! I'd applaud if I still had both of my hands!

Captain Hook
An Antec P180 might do what you want.

Aye, tis quite the case.

Quick question... what do y'all think about power supplies where you can unhook the wires.. methinks they're called modular? Are they scurvy scum or worth a try? O'course this also depends on the brand. How's the OCZ Modstream 520?

Captain Hook

Last edited:
There are sever recent threads on modular power supplies in this forum.

To some up the modular power supply choices available right now...not good really. I have been searching around with no real luck for a good modular power supply. So far, I have come up somewhat empty hande.....empty hooked. If however, I were to have to choose I would go with the OCZ Modstream. While it may not be the biggest power house, its excellent build quality and great warranty make it an nice choice. It you are running allot of components, then a modular power supply won't be a big benifit as you will end up using all the cables anyways.

The Antec P180 is an excellent case.

Captain Hook said:
Aye, tis quite the case.

Quick question... what do y'all think about power supplies where you can unhook the wires.. methinks they're called modular? Are they scurvy scum or worth a try? O'course this also depends on the brand. How's the OCZ Modstream 520?

I wanted the modular power supply, but in the end once you put the cover on the case it no longer matters. Pluse, once you hook up two optical drives and two hard drives it makes having a modular power supply pretty pointless.

Thanks mateys for this treasure chest o' help! I'll be sure to let you know how me sytem turns out.

Here's a lil treat for me hearties, and though it ain't gold tis a gem o' a tale. Tis a harrowing story of blades and blood, just fer me mateys. Gather 'round!

Why do pirates make good lifeguards?

Because not only can they swim, they know CP-Arrrrrr!!

Tis a great yarn eh?

Captain Hook

Captain r-u sure that 600 watts is enough to power the processor on a Galleon?
I think you will need 820 watts with 3 decks of guns. That's gonna require an Athlon 4800X2 to fire that many at once keeping track of ballast adjustments, powder and ball supplies, gun placement, crew rotation, sail tension and tack, spinnaker deployment, stowaways, dry docking and barnackle scraping. You will need good filters, you would'nt want them parrot feathers getting in there, plug up the sinks. All in fun?
When you fire cannons on a galleon, assuming 1800s technology, if you want to change the firing tragectory do you tilt the ship or readjust all the cannons?

Vaio said:
Tis good to hear that a powersupply be spared a trip to the briny deep.

For overclockin' yer system, might I suggest a trip around the different subforums around here? Not as far as East India, but twice as interesting! Just remember, no raiding parties after 5pm (unless it involves yer hard drives).
LMAO Man this thread is funny! :p

Mateys me parts be on their way to me vessel! It be said that the messenger should be spared but bless my boots if them goods be damaged by careless scumsuckers then I'll run the delivery man through with me blade! And don't worry your pretty lit'le 'ead 'bout me ship. Bein' a pirate since birth I know how to handle me cannons and power me ship... this computer be solely for entertainment and the odd job here and there. Some months the raidin' don't go too well and I still need to feed me crew.

And aye, I'm a real pirate! If ye be a doubtin' then you can ask me blade... it'll answer yer question right quick!

Captain Hook

Captain Hook said:
Mateys me parts be on their way to me vessel! It be said that the messenger should be spared but bless my boots if them goods be damaged by careless scumsuckers then I'll run the delivery man through with me blade! And don't worry your pretty lit'le 'ead 'bout me ship. Bein' a pirate since birth I know how to handle me cannons and power me ship... this computer be solely for entertainment and the odd job here and there. Some months the raidin' don't go too well and I still need to feed me crew.

And aye, I'm a real pirate! If ye be a doubtin' then you can ask me blade... it'll answer yer question right quick!

Captain Hook

Captain, you're too funny. We need more of your kind around these parts. It would definitely spice things up a bit.

Ye like spice eh? I need someone to swab me decks durin' me trip to the Indies! If yer seekin' some adventure let me know and I'll sign ye up for me crew! Tis true that you don't get paid a wage but I'll give you a cut o' any booty we get... whether it be shiny or fleshy if you know what I mean.. arr harr!!

Captain Hook

Ye be wantin' to join me crew too? If ye can handle a mop or wave a sword when we be a plunderin' then yer welcome aboard! I'll get me a chance to show you me water cooled rig! Seawater in a barrel matey... does the trick!

Captain Hook

Back