• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mandrake 9.2 hurts lg drives? This true? does 9.1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

I read on google but not sure of validity that mandrake 9.2 destroys lg cd roms. Does 9.1 do this, im glad i found this before i installed. Thanks

Zoltan

This is old news and has been fixed. That bug did not affect 9.1 btw. You can safely download Mandrake by now.

Widukind said:
This is old news and has been fixed. That bug did not affect 9.1 btw. You can safely download Mandrake by now.

Well about 3 days ago i downloaded mandrake 9.2

So what do i do to fix it or is it all set an di just install it?

I think 9.1 is a better option. The K menu in 9.2 is messed up (yeah Gnome works) but there is also less support for 9.2

Beta 10 RC1 is out too, if you are looking for something newer.

Fishy, that's BS. I have more and more trouble finding updates and rpm's for 9.1....

Beta 10 has some nice features tough.....Gnome 2.5(6?), KDE 3.2 and cool newer stuff....It's worth a try if you are a power user.

Widukind said:
Fishy, that's BS. I have more and more trouble finding updates and rpm's for 9.1....

Beta 10 has some nice features tough.....Gnome 2.5(6?), KDE 3.2 and cool newer stuff....It's worth a try if you are a power user.

Well I seem to have much better luck with 9.1

There are no RPMs for Nvidia Drivers for 9.2 and right there, it makes it a huge PIA.

I guess it depends on the hardware.

Lord_Zoltan said:
for my hardware setup what do you think would be the best bet. 9.2 or 9.1?

Thanks

Seeing as you have 9.1 I would keep that on, and wait and see what happends with 10.

Where you able to get the ATI and Nvidia drivers to work on your set-up?

I still can't get the video drivers to work.

{PMS}fishy said:

Seeing as you have 9.1 I would keep that on, and wait and see what happends with 10.

Where you able to get the ATI and Nvidia drivers to work on your set-up?

I still can't get the video drivers to work.

I havent even installed mandrake yet lol

Back