• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV:HWBOT x265 Benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Killing processes isn't the answer, it should run either way. Is that Win7 with SP1 ? It's a long shot but the soft uses newer instructions that come with SP1

Have to ask - Are there any requirements in particular to run this bench?

Extracted it and tried it but it doesn't run at all with Win 7 64 bit.
Describe in more detail 'doesnt; run at all'? When you click on it...............................what?

I ran mine in W7 64 bit as well. It works, SP1 or not, it works. Just without SP1, the results are a lot lower due to the availability of the OS to use the instruction set (AVX etc) on the CPU.

Last edited:
Describe in more detail 'doesnt; run at all'? When you click on it...............................what?

I ran mine in W7 64 bit as well. It works, SP1 or not, it works. Just without SP1, the results are a lot lower due to the availability of the OS to use the instruction set (AVX etc) on the CPU.

Just that - Except when I do it for the first time after a reboot I can see a box pop up and close so fast it's barely noticeable, then any repeated attempts to run the program does nada. Task manager doesn't show it running afterwards or anything. I'm beginning to wonder if my GPU may have something to do with it.... Nah, probrably not but for the record it's a GS 6800 I'm running in it I always use as a lightweight GPU for all of my benching.

It's Java based but it comes packaged with a copy of JRE8 I believe. The only time I couldn't get it to run and it was behaving the same as Bones is describing was when I had it installed on a stripped version of Win 7 (BZ's I think). He's already confirmed he has a full install though. :shrug:

I C sayeth the blind idiot.... :chair:
Didn't do a java install, that could be the problem with it. I'll do that and see if it runs.

EDIT: Turns out the copy of it I downloaded was somehow corrupt, redownloaded and now it opens. I did install Java just to be sure and confirmed this copy to be a SP1 version so that should be OK.

Now to see what it does if anything - I'll be back either with a result or more questions. :D

Last edited:
OK I'm back - With another question.
The bench after it opens and I try to start a run does nothing. It's also showning me in the instruction sets used box "NA" as in well, you know Not Applicable.
I'm really starting to not like this bench. :bang head

I let it sit and run for over an hour with nothing happening at all, don't know what's up with it for now.

Awww this sounds like a fun one. Sadly my main rigs are all down at the moment for one reason or another, and I doubt my laptop would score anywhere worthwhile.

OK I'm back - With another question.
The bench after it opens and I try to start a run does nothing. It's also showning me in the instruction sets used box "NA" as in well, you know Not Applicable.
I'm really starting to not like this bench. :bang head

I let it sit and run for over an hour with nothing happening at all, don't know what's up with it for now.
Do you have something blocking Java McCoy?

That bench is not givin you any lovin is it Bones. Have you tried a fresh install ? With chisetdrivers

It's certainly not the chip causing it - I do believe the OS is causing all the trouble.
ATM I have other things going on I want to get done then I'll see about redoing the install.

Thanks guys.

Nice one buddy, I see you've finally got that up and running. Nice stuff.

My sticks came in yesterday, so I hopped in the car drove to Microcenter when I had a chance and grabbed it. They also had a deal on Sammy 850 Evos 250g drives for $69.00 so I just had to, along with a few 120g Sandisk SSD plus for 39.99 for benching. That place is bad Doo doo for me. :D

I'm still learning this thing but so far it seems to be a pretty good chip, I'm only running 12c water on it right now and I'm pretty sure the G. Skill V 3200 have some more in them. I'm liking the BIOS in the Msi board so far and it's pretty friendly when it crashes, it will give you options to reboot at the last know good BIOS setting or default if need be. The only issue I will point out is I couldn't get the Usb mouse to work in Windows 7, even a Microsoft mouse. Seems there are no native drivers for the Usb ports in Win 7 for the Z170. The driver utility for the board couldn't be controlled Via keyboard so I had to burn the USB 3.0 drivers to a Disk and install them through the Cd rom. Looks like I'll need to incorporate them into my stripped Win 7 disk.

That's good to know when and if I ever get one of those.

Back