• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season V December: Geekbench3 Single Core 32bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try changing affinity to a single core and based off of your memory sub score I would say your memory overclock is right at the bleeding edge and is not stable. Do you gain any headroom on the overclock if you drop to 2 cores?

1.8v for 6.1ghz :eek: this is single thread performance though, no matter how impressive the score is (and it is) why not drop cores for extra clocks ?

I was trying to run 3DVantage in SLI and I was out of juice so just ran the marathon once. That 8370 is a terrible CPU BTW. I've got a 9370 that boot at 6.7 with 1.65v

Silicon lottery isn't it what you guys always say :rofl: the 8370 had a few tweaks over the 8350 and i assume AMD did the same with the 93**. My old 8370 did 4.8ghz @1.414v/1.44v which i was told was better then average ?

What do they agreed on...they are better binned?? That isn't different.

That article... was it auto translated on my phone to English?? I stopped reading a paragraph or two into it because it was full of weird words, lol! Brutal read/source, lol!

Last edited:
If they were simply better binned they wouldn't show this discrepancy they talked about, they would overclock better regardless of speed/voltage IMO. Obviously something was changed ?

Not true actually. Many of the CPUs I have had have reacted the same regardless of the number on the box. The whole series is hit or miss IMO. I have a stellar 8320 that would run 5.0 with just over 1.4v stopped doing any real work at 5.4 and topped out in the low 6GHz. I have two 9370s one is good the other isn't as good. Numerous 8350s all so so. The way they act the same is you never know what you're gonna get. Some of the best ones IMO on the BOT are 8370s that's why I thought I'd try one.

Thought binning was all about lower voltages :eh?: don't all CPU's keep getting speed increase as long as you have sufficient cooling and don't overdo the volts ? unlucky enough to get a CPU that doesn't go above a certain speed is a bit meh, like getting a 6700k and not being able to get over 5ghz no matter the cooling/volts you pump into it :rain:

Binning is about fitting the cpu in a specific envelope...power amd clocks. While voltage is a part of it, it isn't remotely all of it. A reason there are variances are the quality of the silicon and leakage.

Remember they only bin to reach a tier, not above.

Aie that is true, live and learn :) dinner time for me, if i don't post in the meantime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for all :bday:

MetalRacer/ i3 6320 / Water / 5309

capture105.jpg

Back