• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII January: 3DMARK Night Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2700X @ 4.2 Vs 9900k @ 4.7 (stock with MCE)

Johan45/ R290X CFX/ Stock/ 54645

54645.JPG

AMD wasn't even close 43942

43942.jpg

I'm hoping it's not that long but yeah, can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

From your posting....
The Intel motherboard (CPU Link???) gave you 10K more for your GPU Score and 4K more on the CPU test.

The Intel motherboard (CPU Link???)
Not sure wht you're asking M_M, the cpu (9900k) and mobo (Apex X) info is in the SS

Not sure wht you're asking M_M, the cpu (9900k) and mobo (Apex X) info is in the SS

I'm sorry I didn't have time to finish my question. The wife said - get off the computer now - so I had to end the conversation early.
If you where to take out the extra 500MHz from the Intel computer, why did it score better at X (previous post) than the AMD system??? Does the Intel board have a better DMI/HT link between the CPU and the PCIe x16/x8 sockets?? On the CPU part, the AMD Mesh was probably to blame.
I'm still rocking a Asus CHVI-H (x370) that is suppose to work with the new AMD 7nm chip. To get the full potential from the AMD 7nm, it looks like I'm going to need to get the new x570 motherboard.

Back