• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VIII January: 3DMARK Sky Diver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just FYI, I'm going to be out of the country for a week and not sure if I'll be updating this thread or starting the next but will catch up next Friday.

I hope it is a vacation :) and not a working one, like the one you just got back from :rofl:

WOW internet is slow out there tonight. Well I atleast got 1 run in.

bassnut / 1070 / Air / 49423

Test1.png

It's all about the memory/FCLK speed with Ryzen, push it harder :attn:
That isn't going to put a dent into things... That CPU has 4x more threads (2x actual cores) than what I ran and the Intel was faster...

Also, his mem is at 3600 CL14 already. Another bump or two and it loses 1:1... this is about topped out as far as I can tell.

That isn't going to put a dent into things... That CPU has 4x more threads (2x actual cores) than what I ran and the Intel was faster...

Also, his mem is at 3600 CL14 already. Another bump or two and it loses 1:1... this is about topped out as far as I can tell.
Not a major dent but score is score, isn't it what these threads are about ? I went up by ~400 on physics from my 24/7 3600 cl15 to my sig (it scales much better in game fps [emoji28]).

I have a second run from trying out cards I just got :) They will score better in a better board :thup:

Putting a score just above an Intel IGP we have :

MaddMutt/GTX-460 x2 (192Bit)/Stock/7636
Sky Diver Jan-GTX-460x2.png

His physics score is flat out wrong. Something's wrong with his setup. It has to be...

I'm using half the cores at less GHz and I'm nearly 10k higher with a 3950X

The 32c TR is quite bad at physics.

For science...

How in the world can you be nearly 10k less on physics at a 2x higher core count and higher OC than my 3950X? Something has to be off...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a major dent but score is score, isn't it what these threads are about ? I went up by ~400 on physics from my 24/7 3600 cl15 to my sig (it scales much better in game fps [emoji28]).
See notrat's post(s)... that isn't even close... memory won't get it where it needs to be.......

I'll do a quick run with HT enabled @ 4.4 and see what that does to my physics score. I was at 28K......

EDIT: Enabling HT on my PC added ~7K to the physics score at the same clocks.. Up to 35.6K now.

Last edited:
His physics score is flat out wrong. Something's wrong with his setup. It has to be...

I'm using half the cores at less GHz and I'm nearly 10k higher with a 3950X

How in the world can you be nearly 10k less on physics at a 2x higher core count and higher OC than my 3950X? Something has to be off...

See notrat's post(s)... that isn't even close... memory won't get it where it needs to be.......

It will help when he fixes it :p Wouldn't the problem be that strange memory 2T OC ? I couldn't get my Flare X (samsung b-die) stable at 3600 c14 1T/2T no matter how much voltage I pumped into it, passed memtest but then acted up in benchs and games.

Back