• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Mobile voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TheMightyBuck said:
2.3 votls, baby!

go dr. frankenstein, and TURN UP THE JUICE, BABY!

when overclocking, take a shot for every .025 volts u turn it up.

it'll seem like nothin' when you're at 1.8 V.

I v done 2.3v, before and everything worked fine. I dont see why people are saying 1.85v is to high, youre guys are just paraniod.

CandymanCan said:

I v done 2.3v, before and everything worked fine. I dont see why people are saying 1.85v is to high, youre guys are just paraniod.

How long have you run 2.3v?

Suma.

I can't quite get 208x12.5 (2.6GHz) yet. +5 goes way low (4.84 or worse) when I bump the voltage from it's current or any higher, and may need better cooling on the NB. Really starting to think a Hoot mod might be in order for the Vregs.

Voodoo Rufus said:
My temps are not bad. Waterblock is 5C above ambient and the core is around 10C, on load.

oh, that's way better than i have..., i get the dif. closer to 14-15C

one thing i would like to mention. keep the temperatures under 50C load if you can. something like 47C would be a nice cut-off. otherwise i think you can go higher on the voltage a bit, as long as temps. hold. you are on asus, didn't realize that, the cpu is fed from 5v rail... it might reguire a bit more voltage then than on m/b's that use 12v.

Last edited:
My ambient is at 31 so my CPU is around 40-41C. In the hottest of summer days it'll get near 45C, no higher.

Yeah, 5V stinks, but I'll work with what I have.

Ok, I touched the stock sink on my NB and it nearly burned my finger after my machine locked up via overheating I assume.

Definitely need active cooling on it.

Just take a small 40mm fan and some screws and screw it on the northbridge heatsink .

I did that to my A7V333, which as the same exsact silver heatsink on the northbridge as youres does.

they have vantec cooper kits for about $10 if you have fry's nearby. not the best i've seen but way better than stock.

also, something occured to me - since you have watter, it just might be you don't have as intence airflow directed on m/b components as those of us with air. maybe a 120 fan at low rpm over cpu/mosfets/northbridge area would help?

I have my rad with push pull 120mm for intake and a Panaflo L1A 120mm on the back exhaust with another Panaflo L1A 80mm in the PSU. The air is warm but just doesn't get focused on the mobo components like you said. Active cooling couldn't hurt either.

Back