• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Payne 3DMark Requirement??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ahelbling

Registered
I have recently begun building a new Overclocked Duron machine.
It is an AMD Duron 800 (running at 1100 at 100fsb) on an Abit Kt7 Board (with WindowsME drivers only), with a 256 PC133 Cas 2 chip, a Geforce2 MX400 with Det 12.40 driver, a SoundBlaster Live Value, 8X DVD, and what I believe to be a weak link in the 6gig ata/66 5400rpm WD HD. A new game I have purchased: MAX PAYNE (which is phenomenal by the way) has a recommended sys req. of 3DMARK 2001 to total 2000 points or higher. Now I can get 3DMARK2000 to score 2700, but can not get the default benchmark in 2001 to exceed 850 points.
**Can anyone offer suggestions as to why the game requirements are so unattainable by my system, is there that much difference between a 5400 and a 7200 HD, or could the problem be that I allowed Windows to assign all sysboard drivers????? I am at a loss and frustrated as H!#@$ Thanx!

Sorry I wasn't clear in the other post, but you didn't have to ask the same question again in here, just wait for the moderators to move it in here...

Anyway, getting a faster hard drive won't give you another 1000 3Dmarks, if that is what you are asking.

As for the drivers you should use the newest ones (often the drivers included in windows aren't the best there is!)

OK!

Ok thanks - I'll try that, it is just so frustrating to know that the system is descent, but something is holding back it's potential. I have been waiting for 2 years for Max Payne to come out, built this system for it, basically, and it is choppy as hell. THanks!

Back